• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vancouver 2010 Winter Olympics Discussion

bawlin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JD_May
On an unrelated note, who's in town right now? And are you planning on attending the free stuff? I'm definitely hitting Deadmau5 and Girl Talk for the sheer ridiculousness of atmosphere that is guaranteed to result. A SF meet was suggested to me a little while ago, too.

The lineups for both those shows is going to be ridiculous. Regardless, I'm going to try and make it out to both. I haven't been inside LiveCity yet, but I have VIP passes to watch Canada/Norway tomorrow and Canada/Switzerland on Thursday so hopefully it'll be a good time. Also planning on going to Chromeo on Saturday and Damien Marley next week. I also want to go to the Russian and German House. Already been to the Irish and Heineken House...

sonick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
We are going to try to get into German Fan Fest after work tomorrow, but I doubt that will be happening.

For sure going to get into Heineken House on Saturday, planning to get there around 3 or 4pm and wait it out.

Have not bothered lining up for any of the LiveCity venues... Would love to check out Chromeo, but the lineups might be too much for me.

Richmond O Zone is pretty cool, been there on off-nights so no lineups, but I'm sure it'll be packed for Our Lady Peace on Thursday.

chorse123

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dkexige
Contrast this: Slovakia beat Bulgaria 82-0 in Olympic Qualifying. Canada beats them 18-0. What would happen if Bulgaria played Canada?

These hockey tournaments really need some way to stop with the embarrassment.

.dk

They should use the little league slaughter rule: when one team is up by ten, end it.

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score

sonick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chorse123
They should use the little league slaughter rule: when one team is up by ten, end it.

I'm sure the winning players wouldn't mind it either, considering they get time to rest up and avoid chance of injury. Especially if the other team is especially bitter and start head-hunting.

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I haven't watched winter sports in a while but when did they start spraying a blue track on the slope?

lefty

Artisan Fan

Suitsupply-sider
Reaction score
Originally Posted by pocketsquareguy
There are just a few sponsors and there for the same commercials play again and again. Man am I tired of the "Five dollar foot long" jingle. It is ringing in my head!
Why? Does Five Dollar Foot Long means something else in San Francisco as well.
devil.gif
Oops, sorry for the cheap shot. I love the Bay Area. Just kiddin'

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^^This is a Whistler thing? I was getting the impression that it was to help the gamer kids or really stupid people who can't understand how far 10 yards is and need the electronic first down lines on football broadcasts.

I'm a little surprised that they would let a record stand on a marked run.

lefty

bawlin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chorse123

Except that in the event of a tie, the team with the most goals advances...

Originally Posted by sonick
For sure going to get into Heineken House on Saturday, planning to get there around 3 or 4pm and wait it out.

You won't get in if you go that late. On Saturday, I got there at 1pm and was in line until 2:30pm before I was let in. Shortly after 3pm, they reached capacity.

HEWSINATOR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lefty
I haven't watched winter sports in a while but when did they start spraying a blue track on the slope?

lefty

They do this ALL the time in the Alpine speed events. For how long, I am not sure, my guess, 15 years? before that they used mulch and pine bows.

HEWSINATOR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lefty
^^This is a Whistler thing? I was getting the impression that it was to help the gamer kids or really stupid people who can't understand how far 10 yards is and need the electronic first down lines on football broadcasts.

I'm a little surprised that they would let a record stand on a marked run.

lefty

Are you talking about Alpine or Ski Jumping?

The blue line in Ski Jumping is just like the first down line, where the longest jump is/was.

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by HEWSINATOR
Are you talking about Alpine or Ski Jumping?

The blue line in Ski Jumping is just like the first down line, where the longest jump is/was.

Alpine and snowboard.

Originally Posted by HEWSINATOR
They do this ALL the time in the Alpine speed events. For how long, I am not sure, my guess, 15 years? before that they used mulch and pine bows.

Must have missed that . . . nevermind.

lefty

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads