1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Vancouver 2010 Winter Olympics Discussion

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by Notreknip, Feb 9, 2010.

1. unrated

unrated Senior member

The lady snowboarders/skiers are hawt.

Julia Mancuso is looking hot these days

2. CTfunk

CTfunk Well-Known Member

Should Canadians be surprised about the results of the short track races today?

3. GQgeek

GQgeek Senior member

Meh, I dunno. Those Koreans were damned impressive though.

4. CTfunk

CTfunk Well-Known Member

Yea...impressive and aggressive...

5. dcg

dcg Senior member

Celski's DQ didn't make much sense to me. He had passed the Canadian, who then grabbed him and eventually fell. What am I missing here?

6. rdawson808

rdawson808 Senior member

Celski's DQ didn't make much sense to me. He had passed the Canadian, who then grabbed him and eventually fell. What am I missing here?

I'm with you. I don't really understand the rules, I guess. I've seen the Koreans do a lot of grabbing and pulling, yet nothing happens to them. That semi-final where the favored Korean came in third was just the last example. He was grabbing onto the Canadian from what I could see. He didn't advance so there was no reason to review, but what's up with that?

b

7. AR_Six

AR_Six Senior member

Should Canadians be surprised about the results of the short track races today?
    And somewhat pissed off for once. We've cut our guys (and occasional girl, Ms. Hollingsworth) a lot of slack for their underwhelming performances thus far but it's wearing a little thin. At this point, I think if we don't win gold in hockey, the olympics is a failure for us from an athletic standpoint.

8. StephenHero

StephenHero Senior member

At least you're not Russia. Faceplant.

9. StephenHero

StephenHero Senior member

The USA/Canada hockey match is great.

10. HORNS

HORNS Senior member

The USA/Canada hockey match is great.

It was a dog-fight.

11. GQgeek

GQgeek Senior member

The hockey game was great. Canada played really well throughout despite some dumb plays by Brodeur, but Ryan Miller won the game for the US and I don't think anyone can dispute that. Luckily for the Canucks it wasn't a do or die game but they now have to look forward towards playing the Russians before the final (probably).

On the other hand, Moir/Virtue did an awesome routine in ice dancing, putting them in first ahead of the favorites (US davis/white). I can't say I've ever really watched ice dancing, but I love the tango and their routine was a thing of beauty. I'll be tuning in for the final tomorrow night!

12. Wallcloud

Wallcloud Senior member

Take that Canada!!!

13. CTfunk

CTfunk Well-Known Member

^So even w/ a strong lead in the medals count you just had to rub it in huh? Hahaha...

Miller was god dang good today...good game indeed

For sure though, big ups to Moir and Virtue.

14. Wallcloud

Wallcloud Senior member

Miller was a one man wrecking crew. With the way Canada played I am very surprised the USA managed to pull out the wine.

15. jgold47

jgold47 Senior member

Miller was a one man wrecking crew. With the way Canada played I am very surprised the USA managed to pull out the wine.

It will be interesting to see if Babcock sticks with Brodeur. I never though he was the right choice but we will see. Just goes to show that good goaltending can win games.

Now, if he could only figure that out with the Wings, we would be all set....

16. Teacher

Teacher Senior member

That was a real nail-biter! How often to we get to see three end-to-end breakaways in a row??!!

17. HORNS

HORNS Senior member

I know it's un-American for me to say this, but I hope that Canada ultimately wins the Gold Medal in hockey. I just think it would be awesome.

Also, I saw some of the "freestyle downhill skiing", or something like that - where a skier went downhill on a course that was kind of like a combination of a motorcross course and a bobsled course, with high-banked turns/curves. That was a lot of fun to watch.

18. HORNS

HORNS Senior member

Oh, and I was thinking about the intensity of the U.S. and Canada game . . . The scuffling and hits during that game never seemed like bad sportsmanship or play unbecoming of the Olympics because the game felt like two brother out there playing an intense one-on-one game of basketball - with a tremendous amount of sibling rivalry manifesting itself during the game.

19. underwearer

underwearer Senior member

Go RUSSIA!!! (Hockey)

There was some good games on last night!

20. lee_44106

lee_44106 Senior member

I agree that it's best that Canada wins gold in hockey.

They have more interest and self-professed stake in the gold than Americans.