• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Value of vintage Vicuna/cashmere coat?

mdg137

Reaction score
I just snagged this full length overcoat-- navy herringbone, velvet collar, two flap pockets. Quite long, very tailored through the waist.

Anyone have a rough estimate on the approximate year, or value?

Sorry I dont have a full length photo, these are from the seller--

coat.jpg

coat%20label.jpg

eHaberdasher

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I was just at the Loro Piana sample sale in NYC and there was a Vicuna sweater there (size Medium) with a retail of $2,295ish - if that gives you any idea. Of course Loro Piana prices are on the extreme side.

chobochobo

Rubber Chicken
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Nice, but you'd need more info about the vicuna content to have a better idea about pricing. Vicuna mixes will command far less than pure vicuna. I've had a look at those LP vicunas too, very very soft but also very very expensive!

FIHTies

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by eHaberdasher
I was just at the Loro Piana sample sale in NYC and there was a Vicuna sweater there (size Medium) with a retail of $2,295ish - if that gives you any idea. Of course Loro Piana prices are on the extreme side.
Not a crazy price for a 100% vicuna sweater.

AlanC

Minister of Trad
Reaction score
I sold a vintage vicuna blend coat on ebay, albeit with a repair to it (very well done). It ended up selling on ebay for $100 to a vintage clothing store in NYC. One shudders at the price tag they probably put on it. Yours likely would bring more if there are no condition issues. The problem is not knowing how much vicuna actually is in there.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads