• We would like welcome Sprezzaboxto the Styleforum family as an official Affiliate Vendor! SprezzaBox is a monthly subscription service for men, delivering a unique selection fashion and lifestyle accessories right to your doorstep.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Value of vintage Vicuna/cashmere coat?

mdg137

Reaction score
I just snagged this full length overcoat-- navy herringbone, velvet collar, two flap pockets. Quite long, very tailored through the waist.

Anyone have a rough estimate on the approximate year, or value?

Sorry I dont have a full length photo, these are from the seller--

eHaberdasher

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I was just at the Loro Piana sample sale in NYC and there was a Vicuna sweater there (size Medium) with a retail of $2,295ish - if that gives you any idea. Of course Loro Piana prices are on the extreme side.

chobochobo

Rubber Chicken
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Nice, but you'd need more info about the vicuna content to have a better idea about pricing. Vicuna mixes will command far less than pure vicuna. I've had a look at those LP vicunas too, very very soft but also very very expensive!

FIHTies

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by eHaberdasher
I was just at the Loro Piana sample sale in NYC and there was a Vicuna sweater there (size Medium) with a retail of $2,295ish - if that gives you any idea. Of course Loro Piana prices are on the extreme side.
Not a crazy price for a 100% vicuna sweater.

AlanC

Minister of Trad
Reaction score
I sold a vintage vicuna blend coat on ebay, albeit with a repair to it (very well done). It ended up selling on ebay for $100 to a vintage clothing store in NYC. One shudders at the price tag they probably put on it. Yours likely would bring more if there are no condition issues. The problem is not knowing how much vicuna actually is in there.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How wide do you like your leg opening on your trousers?

• 7”

Votes: 77 17.1%
  • 7.5”

Votes: 149 33.1%
  • 8”

Votes: 133 29.6%
  • 8.5”

Votes: 50 11.1%
  • 9”

Votes: 20 4.4%
  • 9.5”

Votes: 9 2.0%