valentino suits

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by linux_pro, Feb 10, 2005.

1. linux_pro

linux_pro Senior member

Does anyone know if Valentino suits are any good? Are they canvas or fused? All that stuff... I'm considering picking this up: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws....MEWA:IT

2. johnnynorman3

johnnynorman3 Senior member

It's fused. Some are half canvas from the Roma line, but others are no canvas at all -- you can't tell just by the label (sort of like Arnold Brant -- sometimes it's half canvas, sometimes no canvas). Not a bad fit, but nothing special and certainly not worth $400.

3. VMan

VMan Senior member

Valentino suits remind me of the movie American Psycho. Personally, I like the cuts - though the construction isn't top notch. They are designer suits, after all.

4. Panzeraxe

Panzeraxe Senior member

Ha. - that's exactly what I was thinking. Though the suits in that movie were made by Cerruti.

5. drizzt3117

drizzt3117 Senior member

I wouldn't pay that much for a Valentino suit, I'd look at something like what LA Guy was selling in the FS/Wanted board or some other corneliani, like this one: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws....59&rd=1

6. linux_pro

linux_pro Senior member

I like that suit but it's black. I'd hate to wear it to work, only to find some of the posters on that other thread waiting for me, ready to beat me over the head with an empty bottle of bourbon from NY rather than Kentucky.