• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 5: Good Art HLYWD rosette courtesy of Self Edge

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 5th auction is for a custom Good Art HLYWD bracelet courtesy of Self Edge. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Valentino Roma quality?

turk100

Reaction score
Can anybody please tell me about the quality and fit of Valentino Roma suits?

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
^I like the silhouette as Valentino has a pretty distinctive, classic kind of style... but ROMA is the diffusion line (meaning secondary line), so the details, construction, etc. will be well below the mainline. I'd put it in the range of Armani Collezioni, though not produced in as large quantities. It would also be meant to compete with the entry-level (retail $1500-1800) mostly fused, suits from Dolce & Gabbana, Gucci, and Prada.

Of course it depends on the particular item, but though the retail might be $1500 or so... I don't know that I'd pay more than $450-500 for a Roma suit... and that was only if it fit me perfectly OTR and was in a great color/fabric.

Nevertheless, in general, it's not TERRIBLE by any means.

aportnoy

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Isaia makes tailored clothing for Valentino Black Label. I have one sport coat and one suit from this line and they are wonderful.

rexor12

Reaction score
Valentino Roma is half-canvased (canvassed lapels), i got one from yoox a couple of seasons ago. It's pretty nice for a diffusion line, but as they say above - it's not as good as the isaia made "Valentino tailoring" line

emmanuel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by aportnoy
Isaia makes tailored clothing for Valentino Black Label. I have one sport coat and one suit from this line and they are wonderful.

I dont understand what that has to do with Valentino roma.
Anyway, I was given a valentino roma shirt as a gift once and am not impressed.

coolarrow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Rather than start a new thread I'd thought I'd add my review. I just picked up a Valentino Roma suit at Marshall's. Paid $280, but with taxes was more like $300. I'm really impressed at the suit quality for this price point. Really nice hand. 100% wool and the wool is really lightweight. I can surely wear this on a not so hot summer day. Reason I bought it was because I need a lighter grey suit. Have tons of navys and charcoals.

Like someone mentioned the suit is fused and the lapels are canvassed. The shoulders are very slightly roped. FF pants, pick stitch and split vents so all the modern stuff. Made in Italy so it's got that Italian drape/cut. Also, the Marshalls tag says "compare at $1000" but that is probably inflated. I'm shortening the sleeves slightly and the cuffing the pants. That's it! Fits me great off the rack. I've added a bad pix of the jacket as well as the tag.

Last edited:

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

• 1 - 4

Votes: 28 3.6%
  • 5 - 10

Votes: 137 17.4%
  • 11 - 20

Votes: 257 32.6%
  • 21 - 30

Votes: 124 15.7%