• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Valentino Roma.. $299

Icehawk

Reaction score
Originally Posted by oaw01
I don't know if it's any good or the fit however, I can return it unlike ******* **** ass gilt.

Solid navy - wool/mohair - I need a good beater suit since I'm anal about my RLBLs

http://www.overstock.com/Clothing-Sh...6/product.html

Holee ****.. Bluefly wants $1k for the romas

http://www.bluefly.com/Valentino-Men...Z1aas/list.fly

If I recall right we're about the same size - I tried on a Valentino SC in a 38 and it was too big in the chest for me and quite boxy so I'd probably pass.

oaw01

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Icehawk
If I recall right we're about the same size - I tried on a Valentino SC in a 38 and it was too big in the chest for me and quite boxy so I'd probably pass.

Valentino SC ??? Is that the higher end version ? This is the Roma version - so I'm hoping it would be slimmer. Well, if it doesn't fit at least I can return it.

Icehawk

Reaction score
SC= Sport Coat

I don't have any notes regarding model so probably not labelled, it was something I tried on. I don't know much about Valentino but thought I'd give you the little heads up I can re:fit.

oaw01

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Icehawk
SC= Sport Coat

I don't have any notes regarding model so probably not labelled, it was something I tried on. I don't know much about Valentino but thought I'd give you the little heads up I can re:fit.

****.. Just got the suit. I like the material - wool/mohair. It's a solid construction for the price @ $280. The body of the jacket would work with some tailoring however the ******* sleeves are too big. Well, it's going back to overstock. I think if I sized down then it might work however there isn't a smaller size.

oaw01

Reaction score
Originally Posted by texas_jack
Unfortunately much like yoox they don't seem to know what length they are.

I had a 50% hit rate with yoox. ****, I really wanted this Valentino to work. It would have been a great beater suit. It has a nice sheen to it.

Reevolving

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by oaw01
I had a 50% hit rate with yoox. ****, I really wanted this Valentino to work. It would have been a great beater suit. It has a nice sheen to it.

This is basically why I have decided to never buy a jacket OTR

Jacket length is a HUGE part of fit, and it's just too specific.

It seems MTM or bespoke is really the only option if you want a proper length jacket. Unless you happen to get lucky. As per other threads, a 2 in. difference is the difference between "short as ****" and "long as ****"

Achilles_

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
OP you swear a lot
eh.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads