• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Valentini Sartoria Pants???

killercadi

Reaction score
What can anybody tell me about this brand and fit??? Thank you

antirabbit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
amazing construction and very slim fit in general. Similar to others like Marbitex.

utexas

Reaction score
Bump.

I'm in the market for slim cut trousers. Has anyone had experience, positive or negative, with Valentini Sartoria? Alternatively, if you know of any other quality deals in this price point (approx. $180-200), I'd be happy to hear them. Thanks.

Cary Grant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have two pair- they're not slim in the least. Not baggy but I'd say "standard". I just had one pair trimmed down through the legs.
Quality, however, is very, very good.

jqmunro

Reaction score
I love my sartoria pants. Fantastic construction and fabric quality.

utexas

Reaction score

I have two pair- they're not slim in the least. Not baggy but I'd say "standard". I just had one pair trimmed down through the legs.

Ah, thanks for the heads up. I was hoping they would approximate the fit of the BB Milano.

Knowledge is King

Reaction score
There are multiple fits of Valentini trousers...you just have to try them on or check the measurements. For the most part they all taper into a fairly small leg opening so the fits differ mostly in the knee/thigh/rise.

For example, the Valentini trousers sold by www.shopthefinest.com are labeled "Full", "Slim" and "Very Slim" (or something to that effect) and looking at the measurements gives you an idea of the differences. The reason for the different fits probably has to do with the market or store they were made for. I have two pairs of Valentini trousers purchased from Barney's and they are higher rise with some room in the thigh but by nowhere near baggy -- the bottoms are still narrow. In contrast, the Valentini trousers that I tried on at Bergdorf fit slimmer in the thigh/rise and didn't fit me well at all.

Construction is great regardless of the fit. If I remember correctly, retail for the wool trousers at Barneys was somewhere around $400+

Last edited:

comrade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have two pair about three years old. They are fairly slim, but I had to have the waistband lowered
to shorten the rise (my preference) .My main complaint is that both pairs, which are wool twill,
crease very easily. I have other slacks in similar weight wool that hold a press better.

Klobber

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Decent pants, slim"ish" fit. Nuff zed, /thread

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score

I have two pair about three years old. They are fairly slim, but I had to have the waistband lowered
to shorten the rise (my preference) .My main complaint is that both pairs, which are wool twill,
crease very easily. I have other slacks in similar weight wool that hold a press better.

I wouldn't have taken you for a low rise kind of guy.

comrade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I wouldn't have taken you for a low rise kind of guy.

It's anatomy, more than style preference. I have long legs and a shortish torso,
and small butt. During the dark days of the mid eighties through the nineties when triple
pleated slacks, which reached just under the armpits were the norm,
I had real problems finding trousers. Those I bought came from France, England,
and a no-name, now retired, SanFrancisco "bespoke" tailor.

Last edited:

stifler

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Epic bump, but I'm selling some cotton trousers in case anyone 's interested

daddyblitz

Reaction score
Does anyone have any info on Aldo Valentini trousers?
Purchased them at bloomingales ,retail price $325.
Im guessing they are not the same as Sartoria Valentini.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads