• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Valentine's day ideas and plans?

Skip87

Reaction score
I'm a college student on a budget so I've had to be very imaginative with what I have to work with. After almost 5 years with my girlfriend, I am pretty much out of ideas on what to get her for Valentine's day.

I'd love some input or if you could talk about your plans that would be great. Right now I'm thinking the usual gift/flowers/dinner.

mishon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Skip87
Right now I'm thinking the usual gift/flowers/dinner.
This option never fails.

HomerJ

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
5 years? How about a wedding ring
devil.gif

Skip87

Reaction score
I was thinking about getting married after college.

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kwilkinson
See also: proposing thread.

Propose now and get married after college.

ya. it's a good way to go cheap on the ring and not take any **** too!!!
bounce2.gif

"Baby, I was in college. i didn't have dime to my name but i just couldn't wait to propose because i loved you so much!"

Coho

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Where do you go? I'm local as well. Anyways, my GF is in Singapore right now, so I'll be in the clubs in the City with a few buddies. If I feel lonely, I'll get a hooker.

Originally Posted by Skip87
I'm a college student on a budget so I've had to be very imaginative with what I have to work with. After almost 5 years with my girlfriend, I am pretty much out of ideas on what to get her for Valentine's day.

I'd love some input or if you could talk about your plans that would be great. Right now I'm thinking the usual gift/flowers/dinner.

awcollin

Reaction score
If you can cook, cook dinner. It says, I'm broke, but thoughtful. Thoughtful is usually a winner at my house.

stall call

Reaction score
This one is easy - M&M her (take her to a McDonalds then the cheapest Motel in town).

Kent Wang

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Avoid the restaurants. This is the ultimate amateur night of the year. Serious diners avoid eating out on Valentine's like the plague.

I'm cooking at home. There's a local pasta shop here that makes heart-shaped ravioli stuffed with lobster.

Coho

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You forgot a bottle of Shiraz....

Originally Posted by Kent Wang
Avoid the restaurants. This is the ultimate amateur night of the year. Serious diners avoid eating out on Valentine's like the plague.

I'm cooking at home. There's a local pasta shop here that makes heart-shaped ravioli stuffed with lobster.

shellshock

Forum Mascot
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Coho
Where do you go? I'm local as well. Anyways, my GF is in Singapore right now, so I'll be in the clubs in the City with a few buddies. If I feel lonely, I'll get a hooker.

gross.

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
We've never celebrated Valentine's day. Like Kent said, it is amateur night. A nice dinner at home is the way to go.

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The only "dates" I need on Valentine's Day are a bottle of scotch and a good jazz album.
bigstar[1].gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 82 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 85 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.2%

Forum statistics

Threads