• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Valentines Day 2011 - What are you getting your spouse/SO?

xchen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Discuss.

I picked up a handmade card on Etsy - going to send a vase with like 30 tulips and will probably take her out to one of her favorite restaurants and chocolate fondue for dessert, but we've only been dating for about a month.

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
No Valentine's Day is complete without LOTS and LOTS of flowers.

gomestar

Super Yelper
Reaction score
I'm getting some nice Champagne.

Not sure about the girl yet...

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I was really into making chessy mix CDs back in high school but it seems pretty dated by today's standards. I do like making cards though. I might include a letter this year as well.

randallr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was going to start a thread like this. I'm not sure what I'm going to do.

JesseJB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Dinner reservations!

Mulch Diggums

Reaction score
We've had 5 replies and noone has said "fuck her brains out" yet. I'm in chock. Personally I'm having a valentines dinner at sunday evening since monday is a bit stressy for both me and my girl but I'm still going to buy her something. If I can't come up with anything better I'm buying flowers (which is quite booring but it always works)

whiteslashasian

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
None of the following will occur on Valentines day:

Card
Flowers
Pearl Earrings
Dinner
Sechs (though this happens most days, so nothing particularly special here).

Nil

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm not looking forward to this at all. No girlfriend but I do have a date. This is the same girl who got me a bottle of cologne (David Beckham that smells like bubble gum crap, but still) for my birthday when we met up for the first time the day after. Luckily she's 20 and judging from her tastes, probably not expecting that much from me, but giving gifts is something completely out of the norm for me. I'd follow my normal MO and not get anything but I know this girl is going to have something else for me.

So what say you, SF, I've known her for ~2 weeks and hung out twice prior.

xchen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
kwilkinson, I heard conne's available this VD(yuck!) as well.

Nil, once you realize that giving awesome gifts can be easy, cheap, and fun it's usually pretty easy, cheap, and fun.

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yeah, Nil. Try making her something (painting, mural, poster, etc.). You still got a few days left. And if all else fails, get her a lovely bouquet of flowers (this should be a given really but you did mention your uneasiness with the whole gift-giving thing).

Nil

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by xchen
Nil, once you realize that giving awesome gifts can be easy, cheap, and fun it's usually pretty easy, cheap, and fun.
Originally Posted by Neo_Version 7
Yeah, Nil. Try making her something (painting, mural, poster, etc.). You still got a few days left. And if all else fails, get her a lovely bouquet of flowers (this should be a given really but you did mention your uneasiness with the whole gift-giving thing).
Lol. Artwork that looks anything better than the doodling of a deranged middle schooler is beyond my artistic ability. Ugh... flowers... Yeah... I guess that may work. Fuck. I suppose a single rose won't cut it. I may just cook a fancy meal and do that. Damn it.

acecow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Bah, I have no idea what to get her. There's still time, I suppose. I will be monitoring this thread closely.

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite pair of shoes to wear with jeans? (Choose two)

• Boots (Chelsea, Chukkas, Balmorals, etc.)

• Loafers

• Work boots (Red Wing, Wolverine, etc.)

• Monk strap shoes

• Oxford / Derby shoes

• Sneakers

Results are only viewable after voting.