• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Valentine's Day 2009

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kwilkinson
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Best holiday weekend ever. Friday night parties, Saturday Valentine's Day, then Sunday my birthday.

you must be joking.

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
Originally Posted by GQgeek
you must be joking.

Hell no man. I love romance. Every day of my life is romantic, but getting the chance to celebrate it on a special day is nice, even if that day is purely manufactured by consumers.
Plus, it's my bday after that. That's always fun.

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kwilkinson
Hell no man. I love romance. Every day of my life is romantic, but getting the chance to celebrate it on a special day is nice, even if that day is purely manufactured by consumers.
Plus, it's my bday after that. That's always fun.

I guess the good thing is that since your bday immediately follows, you can use that to make vday all about you.

Fabienne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
6 year-old with 6 Valentines to date, which he refused, as he prefers to become an archeologist and lead an archeologist's life with Sasha (she apparently agreed).

Nil

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Pointless, worthless holiday. Unfortunately I've been dating this girl for about 2 months so I assume I'll be forced to do something "special".

X-It

Reaction score
Can't wait!

More chocolates...
inlove.gif

Mark from Plano

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Mi esposa's birthday is on V-day, so I get a two-fer (our anniversary is NYE...so another two-fer). I've bought tickets to a local dinner/swing dance fundraiser for the Dallas Wind Symphony. Swing Band. Sarah Hickman singing. Catered dinner. Should be fun. We're trying to gather several other couples to go along.

captainmo

Reaction score
I'm not really sure what to do for valentine's day. I'm in college now, and met this girl late last November. We started doing the deed after only 3 or 4 times hanging out. So far our relationship has been very casual. Sunday-Thursday we usually only see each other once, but only at night, and get down to business pretty quickly. Friday and Saturday night we usually sleep together, but she leaves early in the morning. She comes to a few of the parties at my fraternity, but we haven't been on any dates (edit-I've taken her to two date parties at my frat, pretty much just cocktail parties, and I'm going to one at her sorority this weekend, but no dinner dates, picnics, museums, etc). We haven't had the 'where do you see this going' talk, but she seems happy the way things are. Obviously, I'm happy too - she's fun to hang out with and talk to, has made a point to not be clingy, and I don't feel any of the normal relationship pressures. The last girl I dated we saw each other nearly every day (same dorm freshman year), but things just got too serious.

So, I'd like to do something for Valentine's Day, but not sure what. Something that says "I've had a lot of fun with you the last couple of months; I like the way things are now, so let's keep boning without any long term commitment."

Any ideas?

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
This year I'm seperated from my honey, but it's a **** holiday anyway.

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Eason
This year I'm seperated from my honey, but it's a **** holiday anyway.

I'm only far in distance, not in heart.

Huntsman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SoCal2NYC
Elven Madison Park
This would not be a funny typo from anyone else...

SField

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SoCal2NYC
1 month away.

Start preparing your enema Socal.

My new gf told me that if I talk about valentines day or buy her anything related to it that she'd break up with me. I'm head over heels for this one...

MetroStyles

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Valentine's Day is terrible. It keeps me from seeing anyone seriously in January or February. =(

Once March rolls around, I got 11 months to play with though.
biggrin.gif

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I have several girlfriends. Makes V-Day expensive and tiresome.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads