• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vailable Carmina (Albaladejo) Cordovan

SKYVALET

Reaction score
Style 873 Last Texas $ 575.00
Vailable size 8.5, 9, 10, 10.5, 11, 11.5, 12.5
http://www.skyvalet1.com/Carmina.htm

Style 872 Last Texas $ 575.00
Vailable size 9.5, 10.5, 11, 11.5, 12, 12.5

Style 866 Last Queen $ 575.00
VAilable size 8, 8.5, 9.5, 10.5, 11, 11.5

Style 807 Last Texas $ 575.00
Vailable size 11, 11.5, 12.5

Sky Valet
1800 Wisconsine Ave. NW,
Washington DC, 20007

tel. 202 337-4333
fax 202 342- 6500
e-mail [email protected]
www.skyvalet1.com

von Rothbart

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SKYVALET
We would like to thank all our customers at Style Forum for your continuous support to Sky Valet. With considerable part to all of you, we had a very successful Edward Green Trunk Show early this month.

Customers who mention Style Forum when purchasing shoes from Sky Valet will be granted a 15 percent discount off all Carmina by Jose Albaladejo Pujadas "Shell Cordovan" shoes.

Thank you from Sky Valet!

1800 Wisconsin Avenue NW, Washington, D.C. 20007

Telephone: 202-337-4333
Fax: 202-342-6500
E-mail: [email protected]
www.skyvalet1.com
Open Monday-Friday 7:30 a.m.-7 p.m. EST
Saturday: 9 a.m.-5 p.m. EST

Plus 15% off for SF members or $489 after the discount, correct?

darkoak

Reaction score
Can you post higher resolution pics please? It's kinda hard to make out the shape, leather, details etc with just a thumbnail size pic. Thanks.

william

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by darkoak
Can you post higher resolution pics please? It's kinda hard to make out the shape, leather, details etc with just a thumbnail size pic. Thanks.

I'd like to see better pics as well.

Also, I know that a lot of people (including me) have not been able to try on a Carmina shoe. If someone knows their size/last in EG, will you be able to make a pretty good call on which Carmina size/last might fit?

pkincy

Reaction score
I believe that it is one full size less than EG/JL UK sizing in the Rain last.

I am leaning towards ordering a 7.5E rather than my normal EG/JL of UK 8.5E or US 9D.

I will edit the above with the fact that I have heard that it is closer to 1/2 size less than EG and 1 full size less than US sizing. In other words, I don't have a clue!

Perry

Max Inseam

Reaction score
I recently picked up the 866 at Sky Valet and have been very happy with it (and have gotten a few compliments). It is possible that Sky Valet's Carmina shoes are marked with US sizing. I wear an 8/8.5 in EG 888 last (also picked up at Sky Valet) and took an 8.5 in the Carmina 866.

pkincy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Max Inseam
I recently picked up the 866 at Sky Valet and have been very happy with it (and have gotten a few compliments). It is possible that Sky Valet's Carmina shoes are marked with US sizing. I wear an 8/8.5 in EG 888 last (also picked up at Sky Valet) and took an 8.5 in the Carmina 866.

Wow, that seems an anomaly. I suppose that is better for their customers but makes it hard on those of us that order internationally or from US retailers that use the UK sizing.

Perry

horton

Reaction score
I just ordered the 866. The discount is for real, and Adam said all the right things re customer service, e.g., if it doesn't fit, don't worry, etc.

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I can vouch for Sky Valet's quality and customer service. Excellent in all regards.

pkincy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by horton
I just ordered the 866. The discount is for real, and Adam said all the right things re customer service, e.g., if it doesn't fit, don't worry, etc.

Please post a picture when they arrive. The pictures on the SkyValet site are slightly worthless.

Perry

Soph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
807 need better pics also.

horton

Reaction score
Originally Posted by pkincy
Please post a picture when they arrive. The pictures on the SkyValet site are slightly worthless.

Perry

I'll try, but I am definitely one of the world's worst photographers.

I'd recommend visiting the carmina website for better pixs -- that's what I relied on.

pkincy

Reaction score
Here is the kind of picture you would like to see from Carmina:

Rain-cordo.jpg

inlove.gif
and on order.

Perry

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads