• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

vacca-esque pants

atalante

Reaction score
longtime lurker, first time poster

i love the cut of vacca + other italian fitted pants (not too fitted, but you get the idea). shorter rise, slightly more fitted flat front pants are good.

however, as an nyc commuter + father, i can't imagine the abuse most pants get worth the $500+ price tag. or $200+. what other brands at a more down to earth price tag can forum-ites recommend?

seize sur vingt? kabay? is linus in soho any good? nyc preferred but online retail ok too.

thanks.

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by atalante

i love the cut of vacca + other italian fitted pants (not too fitted, but you get the idea). shorter rise, slightly more fitted flat front pants are good.

however, as an nyc commuter + father, i can't imagine the abuse most pants get worth the $500+ price tag. or $200+. what other brands at a more down to earth price tag can forum-ites recommend?

seize sur vingt? kabay? is linus in soho any good? nyc preferred but online retail ok too.

thanks.

I am also a NYC commuter and dad. I'm wearing a pair of Incotex that I bought from Lance at virtualclotheshorse.com for $99 (they retail for over $300). They look awesome and the fit is great. They make pants for quite a few brands that charge a lot of money for them. Some consider them the best pants made (I don't but they are better han 95% of the stuff out there).They might be a tad more slim/severe than you are looking for so my recommendation would be Borrelli. Borrelli will run you $130-160 when you find your size from either Lance or ebay. They are also slim fit, but just a tad more generous than Incotex. For my money, Borrelli mkaes the best Italian pants, that are relatively affordable at least. Borrelli's fit wonderfully, accentuate your figure without embarassing you and the quality is awesome. I think they are better made than Incotex, but I love the Incotex fit just a bit better. Keep in mind that both are a big departure from the typical American fit.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by atalante

thanks.

Try Incotex. Daffy's has them regularly. Much lower on the scale, Grifoni also does a decent job, and can be found regularly at Daffy's on Broadway as well. I would say to look on Yoox. There are lots of pants of the type you describe on sale there right now, as well as winter pants, if you are trying to get a head start. There are plenty of pants on Yoox of similar or better quality compared to pants found at Vacca.

Tomasso

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by edmorel
Daffy's on 57th?? never seen them but never really looked that well. Wil be taking a much closer look.

Ive seen them at 57th but sporadically. And, at 44th and Mad as well

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Borrelli will run you $130-160 when you find your size from either Lance or ebay. They are also slim fit, but just a tad more generous than Incotex.

Interesting... I have had the opposite experience. I wear a 38 in most brands (including a couple of Incotex Sartoriale) but cannot fit into a Borrelli 38. I had to go with a 40 in Borrelli

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gdl203
Interesting... I have had the opposite experience. I wear a 38 in most brands (including a couple of Incotex Sartoriale) but cannot fit into a Borrelli 38. I had to go with a 40 in Borrelli

Go figure. I am a 34 and a size 50 Borrelli fits me real nice. A size 50 Incotex fits me jean-like, tighter around the crotch, thighs and calves than the Borrelli's.

atalante

Reaction score
awesome. thanks for the speedy and helpful response. off to daffy's as soon as i'm back from a business trip

romafan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Go figure. I am a 34 and a size 50 Borrelli fits me real nice. A size 50 Incotex fits me jean-like, tighter around the crotch, thighs and calves than the Borrelli's.

Ah, the famous "package" pants!
devil.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads