1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Vacation to Miami- Car rental advice needed

Discussion in 'Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel' started by yywwyy, Feb 21, 2013.

1. yywwyy

yywwyy Senior member

Hey guys!

I'm taking a trip to Miami in a week, and I plan on renting a car when I land at the airport. Could you give me any recommendations on a good place to rent a nicer car, say, bmw 3 series.

2. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

just check with the major agencies to see who has what. i'm sure you could find something nice from hertz or enterprise. unless you're looking to rent something like a Lambo, I don't think you need to veer that far off the beaten path.

3. whiteslashasian

whiteslashasian Senior member

Would a Zipcar provide better prices for rentals of entry level luxury cars? Not sure if they're based anywhere near the airport though...

4. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

Tbh I don't think we have Zipcar here

5. whiteslashasian

I just checked and there is a small Zipcar presence in Miami. Mostly downtown, Brickell, and Coral Gables. Nothing close to the airport except for the VA Medical which only has Ford and Honda Zipcars...

6. yywwyy

yywwyy Senior member

Appreciate the input.

Guys,

Any advice for a specific agency in Miami from experience? I'm unfamiliar with rental and just heard that some companies have policies & rates that give you a hard time when returning the car...

7. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

They all suck. Some just suck slightly worse than others. With your car request, you'll probably end up having to settle for whoever has that car in stock when you need it. Just make sure you follow their regulations and rules and hunt around for deals on the intertubes.

8. whiteslashasian

I've had very good results renting on the cheap through priceline name your own price. I don't think that would work too well when you want to drive something more luxury and have a make/model in mind though...