• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

vacation fashion

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I think we can add an ineresting twist to this thread by each poster only mentioning ONE item. I'll start:

- prophylactics

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
I dont like taking a vacation where packing a suit and nice shoes would be unnecessary

odoreater

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Get Smart
I dont like taking a vacation where packing a suit and nice shoes would be unnecessary

How do you feel about ties on vacation? I usually bring 1 suit and 1 dress shirt and some shoes, but never a tie on vacation.

For day time, swimming trunks, t-shirt and flip flops.

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I went on an extended trip this past January and took my suit, a couple of shirts, ties and a pair of shoes. I was glad to have them and look great at a Nigerian wedding but by god did travelling with a suit suck.

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by odoreater
How do you feel about ties on vacation? I usually bring 1 suit and 1 dress shirt and some shoes, but never a tie on vacation.

For day time, swimming trunks, t-shirt and flip flops.

I generally pack a jacket and tie, not necessarily a suit. Fine dining is usually part of our vacation so a jacket is often a requirement for the restaurants, and I add the tie.

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
Originally Posted by odoreater

I bring 1 all purpose tie, just in case. Unless I know I'm going to something that requires a tie. But yea, I'll bring a suit for the evening, usually worn sans tie.

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Ties really take up no space. You could stick one in your pocket if you somehow run out of space in your bag.

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
yea I usually bring a couple pairs of shoes so if I brought a bunch of ties I'd just roll them up and place inside shoe, along with underwear, tshirts, anything that can be rolled into a tight ball

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
Originally Posted by shoreman1782
Shoes kill me. They take up way too much damn room.

i feel you on that. Worse for me cuz i like bringing boots with me moreso than shoes. If I'm gonna be gone for 5 days I want to bring 4 pairs of shoes which gets to be problematic, space-wise

last winter when we were coming back from London I bought a pair of Paul SmithxTriumph motorcycle boots that are heavy as hell and my luggage was over the weight limit so I had to stuff them into Cathie's bag which didnt make her too happy and she still proclaims if I buy something like that this winter in London the ****'s either staying in my bag or staying back in London.

sayaret

Reaction score
i always bring one or two ties with me on vacation...they take up little to no room and you never know when they might be appropriate.

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Get Smart
i feel you on that. Worse for me cuz i like bringing boots with me moreso than shoes. If I'm gonna be gone for 5 days I want to bring 4 pairs of shoes which gets to be problematic, space-wise

last winter when we were coming back from London I bought a pair of Paul SmithxTriumph motorcycle boots that are heavy as hell and my luggage was over the weight limit so I had to stuff them into Cathie's bag which didnt make her too happy and she still proclaims if I buy something like that this winter in London the ****'s either staying in my bag or staying back in London.

If you can wear the boots when traveling.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads