1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

V.K. Nagrani Ovadafut socks

Discussion in 'B&S Archive' started by chorse123, Nov 1, 2007.

1. chorse123

chorse123 Senior member

Those of you who have these, you already know. Those of you who don't, I'd recommend you try them. Excellent socks. Hand linked toe. Only 312 of each style made. They are my favorite socks, my go-to every morning. They stay up. They are pretty durable. They are colorful. MSRP is $35. $17.50 for one or 3 for $40. This includes shipping in the U.S. Shipping to Canada will be an extra $5 per order. Overseas, contact me and I'll figure it out. PM me if you are interested.

Because I've basically sold every pair once now, I'm using old pictures. Pictures below are of the style being sold, not the exact pair unless otherwise specified.

2) Teal herringbone. 1 pair. SOLD pending payment
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

3) Blue, grey, and green. Bright. 1 pair. SOLD pending payment
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

8) Blue tan and red. A little darker in real life. 1 pair on hold
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

10) Black with teal white and red diamond. 1 pair.
    [​IMG][​IMG]

12) Teal and navy flower. 1 pair.
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

13) Silver grey, blue and white squiggle. 1 pair. On hold
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

14) Tan, red and blue squiggle. 1 pair. On hold
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

2. chorse123

chorse123 Senior member

A bunch of these sold.

I will not be getting more stock for at least two weeks and will be unable to ship from Nov. 11 to 20th. So get them while you can.

3. chorse123

chorse123 Senior member

Some new socks added.

I will probably not be able to ship any of these until Nov. 21.

4. Kent Wang

Kent Wang Senior member Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

Are these all OTC? I recall seeing a few pairs that were shorter than that -- which I prefer.

5. fracmeister

fracmeister Well-Known Member

I'd like to take 11, 17, 28 and would be happy to take your other pair of 15s off your hands...

6. sho'nuff

sho'nuff Senior member

very beautiful as always.

and not only that, nagrani socks are qualitative on par with any other make out there, perhaps even more.

i wear the heck out of my nagranis and abuse them by machine washing them and tumble drying them medium.

they are the only socks of mine that has not shrunk one bit. that and a few pairs of facconable socks as well. amazed by their quality too.

7. william

william Senior member

I like them too but I wish they would offer some more understated patterns/colors.

I only wear mine w/ chukka boots.

8. Osprey Guy

Osprey Guy Senior member

Over the past 25+ years I've accumualted over 400 of some of the finest, most fun socks that money can buy (that number is not an exaggeration). [​IMG] I've got about 2 dozen pair of Nagrani's (aka "Ovadafut")...and I'd stack them against anything in my collection.

EX: I own about 10 pair of Duchamps...bought them last Fall...and as far as I'm concerned they don't hold a candle to the Nagrani socks. I line dry all of my socks (really) and I've found that over half of the Duchamps will begin to slip down with an hour of wearing them...while the Nagrani's not only stay up all day long, but they are super comfortable!

FYI- They also happen to make great boots socks! (I'm a boot-a-holic).

I already own a number of these patterns...but I might still be placing an order shortly. [​IMG]

Dennis

9. Osprey Guy

Osprey Guy Senior member

Not trying to single you out in particular....
    But for a "Style" forum, there sure are an awful lot of conservative guys hanging here. Style is supposed to be fun, unique, individual. When was the last time you saw a Fred Astaire movie when he was wearing "understated" socks?!?

Dennis

10. whacked

whacked Senior member

But for a "Style" forum, there sure are an awful lot of conservative guys hanging here. Style is supposed to be fun, unique, individual. When was the last time you saw a Fred Astaire movie when he was wearing "understated" socks?!?

Dennis

Not necessarily, at least not according to your definition of "fun". I can see people deriving great enjoyment from building a handsome ensemble out of seemingly boring pieces. Even more challenging/rewarding is to accomplish this under less-than-satorially-perfect situation, say, working in a conservative industry.

As for your second point: yes, Fred Astaire is certainly a dandy, but isn't Ronald Reagan quite stylish as well?

11. sho'nuff

sho'nuff Senior member

EX: I own about 10 pair of Duchamps...bought them last Fall...and as far as I'm concerned they don't hold a candle to the Nagrani socks. I line dry all of my socks (really) and I've found that over half of the Duchamps will begin to slip down with an hour of wearing them...while the Nagrani's not only stay up all day long, but they are super comfortable!

Dennis

this is the key to nagrani.

i discovered this as well. all my nagranis stay up on over my calf ALL DAY. not once did i have to pull it up . and it is not tight or leave impressions on your leg, nor do they feel anything else but comfortable.

i received a small gift from someone an english made sock that i forgot the name, but costed $30 . that sock has lost all its elasticity after 3-4 wears and it stays loose and around my ankles after 10 minutes. i dont wear that anymore and just use it as a buffing rag for my shoes.
    it dont compare to nagrani.

yes, if nagrani would start making basic socks like:

plain white, black, charcoal , or navy solid socks, in the same quality that they bring,
    that would be something.

12. william

william Senior member

Dennis

Eccentric sock wearing is not synonymous with "style". I prefer to make an effect with my whole ensemble rather than my socks.

Not necessarily, at least not according to your definition of "fun". I can see people deriving great enjoyment from building a handsome ensemble out of seemingly boring pieces. Even more challenging/rewarding is to accomplish this under less-than-satorially-perfect situation, say, working in a conservative industry.

As for your second point: yes, Fred Astaire is certainly a dandy, but isn't Ronald Reagan quite stylish as well?

Bingo.

13. horndog

horndog Senior member

Are any of these still for sale? Sent a pm to chorse a while ago and never heard back.

14. chorse123

chorse123 Senior member

I've been on vacation for the last 10 days or so and have a whole backlog of messages. Sorry guys. Will get to them as soon as possible.

Edit - and I agree with the quality comments. Nagrani have become my favorite socks by far. I do wish they had some more basic colors/styles, but some of them are not so wild.

15. Osprey Guy

Osprey Guy Senior member

You make my point...

I'm in a "Style" forum and if I want to wear colorful or interesting socks, I'm accused of being "Eccentric."

And that's my overall impression of these forums. The overwhelming message (by the ones who tend to speak with "authority") is that one should (mostly) dress in a sedate, dignified manner (albeit well-coordinated), and only wear the best constructed, longest-lasting garments...even if it means foresaking current style (Ex: RM Williams boots...great utility I'm sure,...but the design went out of style 20 years ago!).

BTW-If it wasn't for us "eccentrics" the world would be a pretty dull place.

Dennis

16. william

william Senior member

You make my point...

I'm in a "Style" forum and if I want to wear colorful or interesting socks, I'm accused of being "Eccentric."

And that's my overall impression of these forums. The overwhelming message (by the ones who tend to speak with "authority") is that one should (mostly) dress in a sedate, dignified manner (albeit well-coordinated), and only wear the best constructed, longest-lasting garments...even if it means foresaking current style (Ex: RM Williams boots...great utility I'm sure,...but the design went out of style 20 years ago!).

Dennis

Relax.

17. lawyerdad

lawyerdad Senior member

You make my point...

Dennis

No, he's not. If you look at the WAYWN thread, you'll see lots of folks here dress in ways some would call "eccentric" -- in large part because those posters aren't worrying about whether what they wear is au courant. I think part of your confusion is that you're using "style" in the sense GQ or Teen Beat would use it. What you (and they) mean is "fashion", not "style". The fact that something is no longer available for purchase at A&F doesn't mean that it is "out of style".

18. DocHolliday

DocHolliday Senior member Dubiously Honored

You make my point...

Dennis

Doesn't it seem an oxymoron to champion the unusual while condemning those who wear stuff that doesn't fit with current fashion? The eccentric is acceptable only if everyone else approves?

Full disclosure: I'm one of those RM Williams boots guys.

19. Osprey Guy

Osprey Guy Senior member

I just looked up the word "style" in many of the online dictionaries... With little exception, they all agree that it is synonymous with "fashion." And they cite various examples such as: "The fashion of the moment, especially of dress; vogue." or better still, "the prevailing or customary fashion" with a reference to "a look that has gone out of style"...

BTW- I wouldn't be caught dead in anything from A&F. It's not my style. I also rarely bother to read GQ. I don't need a magazine to be able to observe what is currently in fashion. For my own particular "style"...I take what I like and incorporate it with what I believe to be a current look (as in not old fashioned).

I'm not knocking anyone for wishing to dress nicely, conservatively, with distinction...From time to time I enjoy dressing that way myself. But it does bug me when I come into a Style forum and feel like I'm the outsider.

Dennis

20. DocHolliday

DocHolliday Senior member Dubiously Honored

I just looked up the word "style" in many of the online dictionaries... With little exception, they all agree that it is synonymous with "fashion." And they cite various examples such as: "The fashion of the moment, especially of dress; vogue." or better still, "the prevailing or customary fashion" with a reference to "a look that has gone out of style"...

BTW- I wouldn't be caught dead in anything from A&F. It's not my style. I also rarely bother to read GQ. I don't need a magazine to be able to observe what is currently in fashion. For my own particular "style"...I take what I like and incorporate it with what I believe to be a current look (as in not old fashioned).

I'm not knocking anyone for wishing to dress nicely, conservatively, with distinction...From time to time I enjoy dressing that way myself. But it does bug me when I come into a Style forum and feel like I'm the outsider.

Dennis

So you want people here to conform to your personal concept of style, and are complaining that they don't, while also complaining that people here are too restricted in their concept of style. I think you can have one of those complaints, but not both.