V is for Awesome

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by Lighthouse, Mar 16, 2011.

1. Lighthouse

Lighthouse Senior member

This show is getting better and better. Last night's massacre of the traitors was well executed (pi).

2. Cotillion

Cotillion Senior member

got to love the appearance of Mike Donovan er..lars Tremont

3. AR_Six

AR_Six "Sookie!"

Yeah I was like "holy shit they fucking killed ERRYBODY." After a long 2 season gradual development of a story line having everything come crashing down at once... damn yo.

I have to say Joshua passed up a perfect opportunity to pass off Lisa as the new Lisa and just TELL Anna that he put new skin on her daughter.

4. ImaPro

ImaPro Senior member

What show is this?

5. Neo_Version 7

Neo_Version 7 Senior member

Yeah I was like "holy shit they fucking killed ERRYBODY." After a long 2 season gradual development of a story line having everything come crashing down at once... damn yo.

I have to say Joshua passed up a perfect opportunity to pass off Lisa as the new Lisa and just TELL Anna that he put new skin on her daughter.

I miss John May.

6. montecristo#4

montecristo#4 Senior member

The first episode of season two was so appalling that I stopped watching.

7. Nil

Nil Senior member

Is this show worth watching? I'm in need of a new show and while I'm a scifi nerd, I've always had reservations about this.

8. L.R.

L.R. Senior member

I was watching until they explained part of the aliens motivation as having no feelings, or ability to "love". I'm sorry, that's just the laziest way to make someone a bad guy. And I normally love sci-fi, so it hurt to have such crap writing.

9. Lighthouse

Lighthouse Senior member

I was watching until they explained part of the aliens motivation as having no feelings, or ability to "love". I'm sorry, that's just the laziest way to make someone a bad guy. And I normally love sci-fi, so it hurt to have such crap writing.

To each his own. I was back and forth on the show, but over the last 6 weeks or so, it has been very fun and intense.

10. AR_Six

AR_Six "Sookie!"

Is this show worth watching? I'm in need of a new show and while I'm a scifi nerd, I've always had reservations about this.
    Not really the acting is super hammy and the writing isn't very good. I got hooked because there was a messianic figure named John May and "hey that's my name!" and just have it pvr'd every week. Last one just happened to be the episode where they said "hell with it let's just burn this fucker to the ground", pretty much confirming, I assume, that it's cancelled at the end of the season.

Let's put it this way: Castle has had more good episodes than V to date.
    As I just said the writing is indeed terrible but this is not an accurate statement about the show. The Aliens' motivation is more or less survival. The lack of emotion was just a condition of their species until they took on human form and started living among humans, now it's sort of a crisis where some are in denial re: the fact that emotion is seeping into their collective consciousness.

11. Lighthouse

Lighthouse Senior member

Its in the "Danger Zone" for cancelation next year. I wrote to ABC just now and urged them to keep the show going.

12. lefty

lefty Senior member

I have up early in the first season. Did they finally show what the aliens look like?

lefty

13. AR_Six

AR_Six "Sookie!"

Yeah actually, I think this week was the first time we got a full body shot of a live one.

14. v.freeman

v.freeman Senior member

Pretty sure V won't come back next season (based on their ratings and what happened in the finale). It's a shame, I liked the show. And Laura Vandervoort sure was easy on the eyes.

15. imightbechad

imightbechad Senior member

Gave up towards the end of season one. Terrible, terrible writing.