1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

USPS's incompetence is painful

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Teger, Feb 29, 2012.

1. Teger

Teger Senior member

So, last night I printed out a label for some shoes I sold on SF. Package them up and take them to the post office to drop off today, hand the guy the package, and he tells me .. "I can't accept this. The date on the label says last night, and if we accept it it'll look bad. We can only ship things the same day."

2. ter1413

ter1413 Senior member

3. Francisco

Francisco Senior member

I have worse. I make an payment for an item and the seller used USPS with tracking but once it was send on the way to my country, it gone missing..

The tracking gone missing too..

4. sinnedk

sinnedk Senior member

5. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

Wait, so you fucked up and didn't change the date, and its USPS's fault? :puzzled:

6. taxgenius

taxgenius Senior member

I went to the USPS Passport Acceptance center and waited an hour and 40 minutes for my turn only to find out that Passport renewals can only be done by mail, even though the website says may be done by mail. :brick:

7. Piobaire

Piobaire Senior member

Have you explained to them USPS is a basic human right?

8. PhiPsi32

PhiPsi32 Senior member

If your package is postage paid, drop it in the parcel shoot. Avoid counter staff whenever possible.

9. plei89

plei89 Senior member

+1, I usually get bs about "stuffing flat rate envelopes and not being able to use tape" so I drop it off in the bins. No problem since.

One time I couldn't make it to the post office the day the label was marked to be shipped on, so I went the following day. It was for an international order (so I had to hand it to the clerk), and basically said that they shouldn't accept it, but will just this one time.