• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

USPS Problems

chronoaug

Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)
Reaction score
I didn't know where to put this so i'm going to throw it here. I recently ordered an item from a sufu member and from ebay. They were both sent out the same day with delivery confirmation. The usps tracking online stuff(as horrible as it is) said both of them were delivered on Aug 6th. However, i never received either of these packages. I've had packages left outside my door at least 20 times in this apartment complex and never had a problem.

I filed a complaint 2 days ago with USPS and they called me back today and the guy said he talked to my carrier and the carrier said she left it at my door. There is a chance she left it at one of the other apartment complexes that are kinda connected to mine. I don't know why this would happen to the postal worker since she has been working for a few months now. I guess it's possible that someone could've stole the packages from my door before i got them, but that's never happened before.

Anyone have any ideas what my options are or if my $100 and $20 i spent on the 2 items are long gone with nothing in return? I doubt i can get my money back from either of the buyers since they used delivery confirmation and it says online it was delivered. Any thoughts?

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
did you ask around the neigboring units to see if they got it?

otherwise you're probably screwed. Same thing happened to me a few years ago and since the item was "delivered" the seller has no responsibility to fix your problem.

I have a front door with a gated/locked patio and I've had at least 2 packages stolen, like someone used a stick to pull it out.

imageWIS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Find out what the insurance rate is for delivery confirmation (i.e. UPS atomically insures for $100), and if a signature was required. If a signature was required and the driver signed for it, you are not liable and they have to reimburse you. It might be an uphill battle, but you can get your money.

A lesson for the future: have items shipped to your office and take them home.

Jon.

chronoaug

Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)
Reaction score
I'm a college student so i don't have an office. I'm gonna go to the neighboring units today and wait for the post person to come and talk to her. I don't think there was a signature. I'll call the post office back and talk to them after i talk to the post person.

The post office deliverers are supposed to put packages in the apartment office if we're not home, or at least they used to, but most of the time they leave them by the door. I've never had a problem before. I'll ask the usps people on the phone about if anything was possibly insured or something like that. Sucks, i lose out on the peacoat and lose $100. Good week. If anyone else has any ideas or experience that'd be cool.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads