1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

USPS - Most Worthless Tracking System?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by odoreater, Mar 15, 2007.

1. MrG

MrG Senior member

:laugh:

Did you just bump an two-and-a-half-year-old thread to let us know you're a fan of USPS?

Are you some sort of shill for the federal government? :paranoia:

Last edited: Feb 13, 2012
  2. gort

gort Senior member

Confirm USPS tracking is freaking terrible.

3. LatinStyleLover

LatinStyleLover Senior member

No one hates the US Postal Service more than our family based on my dad's personal experience with them years ago, but I am not sure what everyone is talking about. This is a standard tracking I get on Delivery Confirmation items, and this has not been delivered yet:

910512888230015737XXXX
    Priority Mail[​IMG]
    Arrival at Post Office
    February 13, 2012, 4:02 am
    PORTLAND, OR 97210
    Expected Delivery By:
    February 13, 2012
    Delivery Confirmation[​IMG]/Insured > $200
    Processed through USPS Sort Facility
    February 11, 2012, 6:56 pm
    PORTLAND, OR 97218
    Processed through USPS Sort Facility
    February 10, 2012, 9:44 pm
    SPOKANE, WA 99224
    Dispatched to Sort Facility
    February 10, 2012, 6:18 pm
    COEUR D ALENE, ID 83815
    Acceptance
    February 10, 2012, 10:44 am
    COEUR D ALENE, ID 83815
    Electronic Shipping Info Received
    February 10, 2012

It looks pretty detailed to me? Maybe the seller is not providing the actual services, that include real tracking, that they claim? The above item is Priority Mail with FREE Delivery Confirmation and Insurance.

That said, by all means please trash the USPS because they deserve it for many other reasons.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2012
  4. Reggs

Reggs Senior member

I like the smell of my local post office, and the workers there are always very friendly and calm.

5. Nerkg

Nerkg Senior member

Oooooooh I live for the smell of my post office, it's like if your on a tall mountain like Rocky is there, but he knocked out the Russian, and oh the sweet sweet kisses of the women form your living room. You watch your tv, go online and boom your having fun. Sometimes dinner is free or you eat frogs, who cares if your having fun. You know? If your having fun, who cares!!

6. Jr Mouse

Jr Mouse Senior member Dubiously Honored

All of time and space, everything that ever was or
    I have come to realize that each of these services have their faults. Only the USPS has ever lost a package for me (happened once) or a friend of mine. Yet out of the three major services, they seem to be the most consistently on time. I fine UPS gets delayed all the time and the delivery guy likes to ignore my instructions and leave packages on my apartment doorstep instead of the leasing office. The worse case of this was when I bought a Kindle Fire which comes in a box that clearly states what it has inside. FedEx, on the whole, seems to run on time and not cause me too many issues. The biggest two I have seen with them is that I get constantly charges customs for international orders and it is sometimes not clear if a signature will be required for delivery.

7. Vicpdx17

Vicpdx17 New Member

You are right that the tracking system sucks. Here in Portland though they get priority mail in 2-3. Days so on schedule unless they loose your package. I actually had something new today the item I was receiving and said out for delivery didn't come and my post office got the mailman on the phone and he said I Checked the truck twice it's not there so it turns out my package may have been sorted to the wrong truck very disappointing but they were very helpful and nice about it.

Anyone have that same issue?

Last edited: Apr 8, 2012
  8. slaugea

slaugea New Member

9. slaugea

slaugea New Member

I agree USPS is the worst on the planet might not be the worst in the universe though . We should let them go . They are begging to be disbanded . Period there might be one or two people there they care . If it can be screwed up they know how to do it ! They put packages in front of my front door so I can't open it . Stuff mail in my envelope whole let's cold air in my house in the winter . Or leaves my front door open so it bangs back-and-forth in the wind . One day they delivered the wrong mail and I got to it real quick and open the door and I could not tell if the person actually work for the post office they had on street clothes headphones and I have to go tap them on the shoulder because they couldn't hear me with the headphones on . One day they were talking so loud when they were delivering the mail obviously on the Bluetooth talking to someone I thought the police were at my door ready to break it down . So I don't take naps at 3 PM anymore because I'm afraid to wake up thinking someone is breaking down my door when the mail is delivered . I think they are just generally trying to piss us off . I think I am running out of space I have much more to say but it's worthless . If anyone has a suggestion to not have USPS deliver when buying products on the net please let me know I will sign the petition . I wish there was an option when buying products because I will pay more to not use USPS . And FedEx is a close runner up . Once a package was to be delivered on Saturday and they never even came by but listed homeowner was not home and the package was less than $50 . I've had more expensive stuff left on my front step . I called FedEx because they weren't going to close for two more hours and come pick it up at the local warehouse . FedEx headquarters said they were already closed . I have a camera I told them and no one came to my door . The FedEx person on the phone said I'm sorry we missed you ! At that time I was thinking maybe I was talking to some robot . I said are you real and they did not say anything .

10. slaugea

slaugea New Member

For quite some time I would get tracking numbers and they would update and they would say delivered. But there was no box on my property thinking it had been stolen or misdelivered I called USPS customer service . They filed a claim the next day it showed up . This was happening every time I had a package coming it would say delivered and no package was there. So after the third time I got someone who actually knows something at customer service . In customer service said they sent the postal inspector to Richmond Virginia to tell the delivery people not to check delivered before the package was delivered . You would think this is common sense but you are wrong . It is productivity ! Productivity at the customer service representatives expense . Customer service is tracking this misdelivered package they think when it is actually the carrier who has just gotten the package and selected delivered . This happened about three more times and has not happened since . I'm thinking the reason the tracking numbers don't work anymore is due to something like this . It is not being scanned like some kind of union game they are playing in the post office . Who knows what's going on there . I'm glad I have voice to text with my Kindle . Otherwise I would not be wasting my time Bahá

11. SixOhNine

SixOhNine Senior member

This can't be true.

2 people like this.
  12. lawyerdad

lawyerdad Senior member

At least it's timely.