• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

USPS lost package

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
My mother sent me a package about a week ago from today. She said it was sent via Priority Mail but it still hasn't arrived. She doesn't have the tracking number/receipt and the Post Office is not being helpful. Isn't there a way to file a request for a formal investigation? I've heard of this being done. This is annoying
frown.gif

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Connemara
Isn't there a way to file a request for a formal investigation? I've heard of this being done.
Yes and no, depends on who you talk to at USPS and what sort of mood they're in.

Give it another week or so. USPS does make mistakes and packages can get delayed.

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
no, you just gotta wait. I've had Priority mail packages that have taken 4 weeks to arrive/delivered

even if you had the tracking # it wouldnt help, it just says it's in the system, at some point it might say it's at a certain city PO, then finally that it's been delivered. useless

dusty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's been one week. Maybe... the FBI could get involved?

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dusty
It's been one week. Maybe... the FBI could get involved?
I have already hired a team of Venezuelan mercenaries to eliminate the Postmaster General. My mom swears she sent it to the right address, etc. Guess I just have to wait. The box had my Alden loafers and John Partridge quilted coat in it.
uhoh.gif

Milhouse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Every now and then, don't postal workers end up going nuts and dumping tons of mail into sewers, rivers, dumpsters, etc? I seem to recall reading news articles about that every now and then.

sho'nuff

grrrrrrrr!!
Reaction score
you should wait a few more days. i have had stuff delayed as much as two weeks, but not as a month like GS has experienced.

im going through something right now with fedex which is dealing with my package i sent to BiG (the xx010 i am returning).

they claimed it was delivered,
it was delivered to some imaginary address (an address number one up on my work address, but there is none existing for that number) and signed for by some guy.

i had to call them and had to have them retrace it but, i dont know how they actually can do it, as i assume the delivery guy accidentally dropped my package into a delivery for someone nearby and had to fill out records so thus the imaginary address number off the top of his head.

problem is:

the same guy has to go back;anybody else and where would they know to pick it up or find it?
even if the same guy goes back, how will he know where he lost the package?
and the signer, who knows if he is honest and did not just keep it?

hopefully, the signer found it did not belong to him and gave it back to fedex for redelivery.
the tracking number now shows two instances:
one , for the delivery to the imaginary address
second , now it is stating it is repicked up and being sent on its way but i am afraid maybe this maybe imaginary too.

im just stressed. that jeans was expensive.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads