• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Using Insole (ethical dilemma)

mick mick

Reaction score
Hello Guys,

I am 5'7" and this is definitely short for men. so I am thinking about using insole which can give me some lift. But at the same time I feel like I am faking about my height.

So I am not able to decide if I should go for that or not. Please help.

Thanks.

entrero

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
be real man, go for height augmentation surgery.

Nicola

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ethical? You mean like sending a topless picture to your Craig's list babe? Just tell her the truth. Problem solved.

mick mick

Reaction score
Originally Posted by entrero
be real man, go for height augmentation surgery.

I googled for that , it costs from 10K to 80K. Not possible.

mick mick

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Nicola
Ethical? You mean like sending a topless picture to your Craig's list babe? Just tell her the truth. Problem solved.
Did you mean , I can use insole it but I should wait untill I get into relationship before telling her about it? PS :- I do not send topless pictures to get a girl. :p (Sorry I am not very good at English.)

Master-Classter

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
in all seriousness... besides
2f171169664240.jpg
there's this: (notice the shoes, very carefully): gives him like 2+ inches
0929tom-cruise-cameron-diaz-platform-shoes_fa.jpg
ie something like a cuban heel looks cool but is actually helpful too... you guys got any other real advice?

Xenon

Reaction score
As a guy who is 5' 6" all I can say is to own it and not fake it.

Make sure you are lean, trim and ever so slightly athletic, kinda like a professional cyclist. You need to remove any attention to width in the mid section. Close fits with good waist suppression (more than SF approved) helps if you have broad shoulders.

And make sure your shoes are fairly pointy/sharp with a good visible heel (1.5 " or so) like G&G in shape/style. This is the similar aim with women and high heel shoes. You will not be wearing high heels but you get the idea. There is a reaon why you will find more pointy italian shoes and why nothern european prefer more rounded shoes.

You need to concentrate on elegance in anything you wear-this rules out sack suits, drape suits, round or bulky lasted shoes. From a distance without a close frame of reference I can look tall and upclose although not tall there is proper balance and proportion.

nelly

Reaction score
The question we have to ask ourselves is whether mickmick is 5' 7" to begin with. If most men overestimate their height, shouldn't we assume that he's actually even shorter at around 5'5"?

Good posture will go a long way.

MyOtherLife

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'd love to be 5'7" instead of 6' and I'm serious. Look on the bright side, when you're in your 50's you will still look like your 30's and can still bang chicks in their 20's. Smaller guys live longer than taller guys. Either way, your future is bright.

mick mick

Reaction score
Originally Posted by nelly
The question we have to ask ourselves is whether mickmick is 5' 7" to begin with. If most men overestimate their height, shouldn't we assume that he's actually even shorter at around 5'5"?.
Tape Measure does not lie.
Originally Posted by nelly
Good posture will go a long way.
I have tried all those height increase exercises and that gave me hardly quarter inch. I am 25+ so they are not as effective as it is for young people. Thank you for your reply.

mick mick

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Xenon
As a guy who is 5' 6" all I can say is to own it and not fake it.

Make sure you are lean, trim and ever so slightly athletic, kinda like a professional cyclist. You need to remove any attention to width in the mid section. Close fits with good waist suppression (more than SF approved) helps if you have broad shoulders.

And make sure your shoes are fairly pointy/sharp with a good visible heel (1.5 " or so) like G&G in shape/style. This is the similar aim with women and high heel shoes. You will not be wearing high heels but you get the idea. There is a reaon why you will find more pointy italian shoes and why nothern european prefer more rounded shoes.

You need to concentrate on elegance in anything you wear-this rules out sack suits, drape suits, round or bulky lasted shoes. From a distance without a close frame of reference I can look tall and upclose although not tall there is proper balance and proportion.

Thank you for your reply. I got your point. Actually I am gym savvy guy so bit muscular (so does not fall under lean category). but clothing does make difference.

Thanks again.

Fang66

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Become a billionaire, they look taller.
Make friends with short people.

Or simply live your life and forget about your height. Being overly concious of your height will tell. Anyway nobody of any consequence gives a flying **** how tall you are and if they do then fuckem.

bengal-stripe

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Fang66
Become a billionaire, they look taller.

Very true! - You can even attract tall women

20080219bernie_and_slavica_ecclesto.jpg

Bernie Ecclestone with his ex-wife Slavica

Ecclestone was married to Slavica Ecclestone (nÃ
00a9.png
e Slavica Radić) for almost 25 years.
She is a 6'2" (1.88 m) former Armani model who is 28 years his junior, and 11.5 inches (29 cm) taller than her husband.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bernie_Ecclestone

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads