• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Useful, Ugly Summer Shoes

tmcevoy213

Reaction score
Originally Posted by pvrhye
Got a picture of this look?

+1. It will be much easier to envision your unique look using, well, vision.

And about the shoes, is ugly a requirement or just an option?

CommenceFailure

Reaction score
I'm thinking you might want to see about having a pair of bespoke Moon Shoes made.

Useful. Ugly. Expensive.

51MQdWxeo9L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by musososeki
Hi everyone,

I need some help finding a durable, comfortable pair of summer shoes. As to whether they should be fashionable: I dress like a rich hobo -- fitted terry cloth jackets; flowing, baggy jewel-tone silk tunics; baggy, pleated, high waisted pants in cottons and silks, frayed shantung cravattes with wing collared shirts, earthy linens -- yet my color tone is very muted, for the most part. Normally, I wear alligators loafers or patent oxfords, but this summer I'll be walking extensively along the Great Wall, and I need a more practical shoe suggestion. Something consistent with the rest of what I wear. I do not want to A: look trendy, or B: look cheap, so boat shoes and Crocs are out. Maybe mules of some kind? Any ideas?Last condition -- I don't wear black, as a rule, but for the right shoe, I'd make an exception.

Thanks! I know this is a challenging request, and easy to make fun of, but I'd appreciate any help!

I'll pay up to $500 for the perfect shoe, but less would be nice

I laughed so hard when I read this.

How about Belgian shoes? Very comfortable and will go nicely with your silk tunics. http://www.belgianshoes.co.uk/

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
What is Hobbo chic?

You do pay for your train tickets or something else?

musososeki

Reaction score
Jees guys, I have a nice Armani suit and some sober Hermès ties for funerals, etc. I'm not Grey Gardens, quite, I just know what I like. Will post a pic today.

musososeki

Reaction score
Never thought I'd say this, but I'd need a little less arch support, I think.

musososeki

Reaction score
Those are pretty spectacular, actually, but again, I'm worries about the durability. Doesn't anyone just make like Tevas out of ostrich?

tgt465

Reaction score
Originally Posted by musososeki
Those are pretty spectacular, actually, but again, I'm worries about the durability. Doesn't anyone just make like Tevas out of ostrich?

I suggest you use the quote function, otherwise nobody can tell exactly what you are replying to or talking about.

musososeki

Reaction score
Originally Posted by tgt465
I suggest you use the quote function, otherwise nobody can tell exactly what you are replying to or talking about.

ok

mr monty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
100% troll
lol8[1].gif

Decades

Reaction score
I certainly haven't been here long and don't know the story, however when I read that description I picture the guy that posts in the WAYWRN threads with expensive brands, no photos, and a link to his blog.

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Decades
I certainly haven't been here long and don't know the story, however when I read that description I picture the guy that posts in the WAYWRN threads with expensive brands, no photos, and a link to his blog.

Yeah, KitonBrioni. I really think he is a bot.

musososeki

Reaction score
You chuckleheads got no creativity. Has it really been so long since someone who dresses according to his own tastes has come on this board?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads