• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Useful ebay auction

johnnynorman3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You've got a bid -- free shipping for forum members I hope, right?

Carlo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Y'know, it's odd... I take 'conflict avoidance' to a new level of neurosis.... Maybe I need to call up Dr. Bresch and have him figure that one out.

Note: to those who have butted heads with the good doctor he called me up for an hour the other day for no other reason but to inquire about our two seriously ill parents and offer whatever help he could give.... including his cell number and an invitation to call 24/7.

Funny thing - I see a lot of arguments get started on this forum and askandy... sometimes between two guys I KNOW personally to be generally decent and thoughtful individuals.

When the forum is civil, helpful and supportive it is an awesome resource for folks who either share our addiction or are interested in learning to dress better. So I'm a whuss who hates bickering - but the forum is more fun when everyone treats each other in a friendly fashion.

I'm thinkin we could all work on that a bit....

Alias

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hahaha, no kidding, Chuck. People get all tight-assed about stuff that can easily turn into Windex rags within 5 years.

acole

Reaction score
Maybe we need a Universal Hall-of-Flame Drinking Game Thread we can refer people to each time so they'll know when to drink, and how much. Â Might go a little something like this: 1. Is it OK to wear [a black suit/a Gumby tie] to [the office/a funeral/my wedding]? 2. Well, it does go against the rules...but no one's stopping you. 3. LA LA LA you can't make me. Your rules aren't the boss of me. Â 4. I broke rule 7 a bunch of times. Once I even got compliments. Â Â 5. Style is relatively absolute. 6. You're wrong. Â Style is absolutely relative. 7. Whereas the rules are clearly arbitrary, I move that we [arbitrarily] dismiss them. 8. Rules are for americain farmer. 9. I've read Hegel, Derrida, Freud, and Flusser. Â I will now expound at length upon the metasocio-sartorial immanence of rules qua rules as juxtaposed with Montesquieu's quasicrypto-Platonic conception of aesthetic norms. Â <singing> Kant in his first book wrote about, wrote about... 10. Are black suits Trad??? 11. I have more money, free time, and esoteric automobiles than the rest of you peons combined. Â I'd replace this flame-war with an even longer off-topic one showcasing this assertion, except I've been banned already. 12. >>>Quote: [etc.] >>Quote: [etc.] >Quote: [etc.] How dare you wilfully misconstrue my deliberate misrepresentation of your out-of-context distortion of my original strawman? Â Is intellectual honesty truly dead? 13. Guys, please. can't we all just get along? 14. Y'all gotta admit, if my ad-hoc analogy weren't entirely specious, I'd have had a damn good point, here. 15. Here's a snapshot of me in my bespoke tartan 8x4 DB from Arglebargle & Codswallop of 12 Savile Trail, Nunavut, AK, proving that triple hacking pockets are just fine, thank you very much. Â (Do the trousers make my butt look fat?) <insert screen-busting .jpg with head cut off to preserve anonymity> 16. [---->ADMIN: retro-moderate to here<----] Pah. As an impartial competitor, I don't want to say too much, but I can tell you that Arglebargle are TOTAL HACKS. Â I'm hereby devoting a website and several threads to denouncing them without quite meaning to, in the hopes that they will respond and make me look equally foolish, if not more. 17. You know, I once saw [Al Gore/Newt Gingrich/GW Bush/John Kerry] wearing [a black suit/earth tones/brown shoes in town], which just goes to show you what a black-hearted slimeball he is, just like every other [liberal/conservative]. 18. All your rules are belong to us. 19. Alan Flusser has stupid hair. 20. Drink wheatgrass juice, everybody. Â Whee. [...] [...] 57. Hey, who you callin' a Nazi?.? [...]
crazy.gif

Alias

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That sounds like an awesome drinking game.

tdial

Reaction score
Y'know, it's odd... I take 'conflict avoidance' to a new level of neurosis.... Maybe I need to call up Dr. Bresch and have him figure that one out.

Note:  to those who have butted heads with the good doctor he called me up for an hour the other day for no other reason but to inquire about our two seriously ill parents and offer whatever help he could give.... including his cell number and an invitation to call 24/7.

Funny thing - I see a lot of arguments get started on this forum and askandy... sometimes between two guys I KNOW personally to be generally decent and thoughtful individuals.

When the forum is civil, helpful and supportive it is an awesome resource for folks who either share our addiction or are interested in learning to dress better.  So I'm a whuss who hates bickering - but the forum is more fun when everyone treats each other in a friendly fashion.

I'm thinkin we could all work on that a bit....
I'm not surprised about ol' Doc Bresch. Aside from that one flare up on AAAC and his words with Grayson (who would be a great heel if he were a professional wrestler), Bresch seems to be a thoughtful man. Opinionated, yes, of course. We all are. But thoughtful.

These fora are sort of like a clothes-geek's sports bar. You go in there, have a few beers, argue over who's team is better and why, raise your voices a bit, leave all hot and bothered, and enjoy every minute of it.

Bradford

Current Events Moderator
Reaction score
I must have missed something - what prompted this?

Bradford

Steve B.

Go Spurs Go
Reaction score
Damn Funny Stuff, Gentlemen
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Of course, with an ebay auction involved, we can threaten to leave each other negative feedback

Okay Chuck, if I win said auction, and you disagree with me in any way, watch out for some *negative* feedback. I will use up all available characters.

Carlo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
LA Guy - I know your address and have friends in Sicily...

...I'm just sayin.

Further illustrating my point I have conversed with Darren and Tom about the recent dramatic scissor swordfight and their reaction was almost identical. Darren said &quot;I should keep my bloody mouth shut and hide the submit button but it's no big deal - next time I see Tom we will have a laugh about it over a pint.&quot;

Tom wrote me this morning:
&quot;Dear Charles,

The next time I see Darren, I hope we'll have a beer and a good laugh about this.

It's definately dropped with me. Things like this don't have a place in my mind.

You can quote me on that.

Take care,

Tom.&quot;

Clothes should be fun - not stressful.
I think I'll wear a black suit to the show in March :)

johnapril

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Guys, I've finally distilled the horse head down to an oral solution. I've got ten doses tagged with 14C. I'm preparing to assess the plasma pharmacokinetics of horsehead and radiocarbon after administration. I'd also like to take a look at radiocarbon mass balance by quantifying 14C excretion in urine and feces. Here's the deal: the flavor is supposed to be cherry, but it tastes a little like chicken. I need ten takers. Anyone? Anyone?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 38.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.1%

Forum statistics

Threads