1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Useful ebay auction

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Carlo, Feb 9, 2005.

1. Carlo

Carlo Senior member

Actually I had an auction up for a Kiton shirt with a direct joke toward the forum guys but since it was a real item I kept silent :)

I figured a little levity was worth an extra listing fee.

2. brescd01

brescd01 Senior member

You know Tdial, that is the second time you have paid me a back-handed compliment tonight. I never "had words" with Mark Goldstein. Essentially, he mocked me and generally beat the shit out of me and I hardly even answered, to the extent people were privately emailing me and asking me why I didn't respond. I think he did that to a lot of people.

And which "flare-up" would you be referring to, the one in which I said I consider cost to be part of quality and a bunch of po' boys dreaming of AK shirts beat the crap out of me, or the one in which I claimed that luxury goods are purchased as often by people who cannot afford them as by people who can, and a bunch of po' boys beat the crap out of me and called me an anti-semitic elitist and AK declared himself (or so it seemed to me), "the people's shirtmaker?" I am just curious, because I recall posting, and this provoking a big flare-up, not the other way around.

3. Carlo

Carlo Senior member

I think acole gets a hall of fame post designation for his drinking game -) It was the Americain Farmer inside joke that caused me a near bladder disaster.

Doc - I must have missed something - are you saying that someone had a run in with Mr. Grayson? You must be making that up.

(Kept a straight face typing that last paragraph)

4. Alias

Alias Senior member

That thread makes me so angry. I hope no one answers my questions with line-by-line rebuttals. I'd probably end up bombing the idiot with nasty pictures.

5. acole

acole Senior member

Well, clearly this emotional overreaction says more about you than the thread. Â Why exactly do you harbor such resentment about kissing buttons?
    Ah. You "hope". Â You obviously live in a fantasy world where everything goes your way. Â Controlling personality, I'd say. Â With a fetish for anonymity to boot. Â I mean, "Alias"? Â Can't get much more incognito than that. Â Even your avatar is masked.
    You probably have loads of 'em too, ya disgusting pervert. Â Now, wasn't that fun? [​IMG]

6. Alias

Alias Senior member

acole, you have stolen my <3

7. Duveen

Duveen Senior member

I have to move Ambulance Chaser's brilliance into the comedy thread, as I fear it will be lost in the Omnibus otherwise...