1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

used suits!

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by RobertE, Nov 20, 2012.

1. RobertE

RobertE Well-Known Member

good morning gentlemen! i always get help here! simple question; used suits.

OK, i own ONE Oxxford suit. i know the history, and quality. cannot afford them now. on this forum, and elsewhere, like "an affordable wardrobe" you can buy used suits. i am a simple size, should be easy enough.

is there any reason i should not buy used suits? insect pests? could always dry clean. one favorite thing i have is a Lock fedora from around the 1940's i had it cleaned, came out like brand new.

any advice would be great!! I am not a multi millionaire, used suits might be fantastic.

bob

2. Mark Seitelman

Mark Seitelman Senior member

Nothing wrong with used clothing as long as it looks good.

If you want to be fancy, the gussied-up term is "resale" or "vintage." Women have been buying "resale" and "vintage" for years.

With the concerns about bedbugs you have to be careful. If you have a reputable resale store in your area, patronize it. In the big cities there are vintage shows. Otherwise, buy from eBay only from reputable dealers.

Good luck.