• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

US measurement system,i don't get it.

Not Ed Harris

Reaction score
A quick word.

It's the British Imperial measurements system you're describing and we invented it to confuse all you silly foreigners.

LawrenceMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Not Ed Harris
A quick word.

It's the British Imperial measurements system you're describing and we invented it to confuse all you silly foreigners.

i know that 14lbs are in a stone motherfucker!

wait... is that right?
laugh.gif

IsteRed

Reaction score
Originally Posted by LawrenceMD
do you realize the amount of jobs having two system creates? its why amerika is number one *****!

Who tells you to have two systems?have one system,metric.Americans.........

LawrenceMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by IsteRed

but then the jobs will go away...
teacha.gif

in before DT conversion.

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
We have the Imperial system because we aren't a country full of sissies and faggots. That's why.

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No offense but i don't get your games,i don't watch football(soccer) as well,but baseball,football is just...i don't get what's going on there,srsly.

Baseball I can understand why you don't get what's going on. It's just a bunch of guys standing around doing nothing.

American football, is a bunch of guys wearing padding hitting each other while turning their brain to mush by giving each other concussions. What's not to like about that?

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kwilkinson
We have the Imperial system because we aren't a country full of sissies and faggots. That's why.

+1

We decided to keep the measurement system but drop the monarch, rather than vice versa. I say it worked out pretty well for us.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by javyn
+1

We decided to keep the measurement system but drop the monarch, rather than vice versa. I say it worked out pretty well for us.

neo would say otherwise

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
While we are on the subject of the unconventional:
much more better

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
for example in US measurement system

Techincally I believe it's the Imperial system ... as in British ... not American.

At least money in America is base ten. You should have tried living in England before Decimal Day on 15 February 1971. Prior to decimalisation the pound was divided into 20 shillings, each of 12 (old) pence; thus there were 240 (old) pence to the pound.

Personally I think we use it because it takes a bit of thinking. Who wants something so easy that everyone knows it well.

munchausen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Texasmade
Baseball I can understand why you don't get what's going on. It's just a bunch of guys standing around doing nothing.

American football, is a bunch of guys wearing padding hitting each other while turning their brain to mush by giving each other concussions. What's not to like about that?

I get why people don't understand it. There is literally about 10-15 minutes of on field play in 3 hours.

Don't get me wrong, I love the game but I can see how it's forbidding if you are an outsider. The rules are pretty complex and so is the strategy.

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Think of American football like a chess game between the two coaches. Except the pieces are big and stupid and rarely do as ordered

vaalbara

Reaction score
Yet another reason to make fun of stupid americans. Liberia, myanmar and the united states are the only countries in the world that haven't converted to the metric system. What a stupid ******* country hahaha.

because it's a super easy task to switch an entire country of 300 million to a different measuring system, right?

No offense but i don't get your games,i don't watch football(soccer) as well,but baseball,football is just...i don't get what's going on there,srsly.
i'm with you on baseball, but football is a thinking man's game.

Septavius

Reaction score

If you want to pay to replace all the machinery, tools, street signs, motor vehicles, textbooks, scales, thermometers, gauges, kitchen appliances, fuel pumps, milk jugs, etc in the entire United States that aren't in metric, feel free.

IsteRed

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Texasmade

This vvv

Originally Posted by munchausen
I get why people don't understand it. There is literally about 10-15 minutes of on field play in 3 hours.

Don't get me wrong, I love the game but I can see how it's forbidding if you are an outsider. The rules are pretty complex and so is the strategy.

Originally Posted by vaalbara
because it's a super easy task to switch an entire country of 300 million to a different measuring system, right?

Many countries did,in fact only 3 did not.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics