US measurement system,i don't get it.

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by IsteRed, Jul 1, 2011.

1. Not Ed Harris

Not Ed Harris Senior member

A quick word.

It's the British Imperial measurements system you're describing and we invented it to confuse all you silly foreigners.

2. LawrenceMD

LawrenceMD Senior member

A quick word.

It's the British Imperial measurements system you're describing and we invented it to confuse all you silly foreigners.

i know that 14lbs are in a stone motherfucker!

wait... is that right? [​IMG]

3. IsteRed

IsteRed Senior member

do you realize the amount of jobs having two system creates? its why amerika is number one bitch!

Who tells you to have two systems?have one system,metric.Americans.........

4. LawrenceMD

LawrenceMD Senior member

but then the jobs will go away... [​IMG]

in before DT conversion.

5. kwilkinson

kwilkinson Having a Ball

We have the Imperial system because we aren't a country full of sissies and faggots. That's why.

6. Texasmade

Texasmade Senior member

No offense but i don't get your games,i don't watch football(soccer) as well,but baseball,football is just...i don't get what's going on there,srsly.

Baseball I can understand why you don't get what's going on. It's just a bunch of guys standing around doing nothing.

American football, is a bunch of guys wearing padding hitting each other while turning their brain to mush by giving each other concussions. What's not to like about that?

7. javyn

javyn Senior member

We have the Imperial system because we aren't a country full of sissies and faggots. That's why.

+1

We decided to keep the measurement system but drop the monarch, rather than vice versa. I say it worked out pretty well for us.

8. in stitches

in stitches Kung Joo Moderator

+1

We decided to keep the measurement system but drop the monarch, rather than vice versa. I say it worked out pretty well for us.

neo would say otherwise

9. RSS

RSS Senior member

While we are on the subject of the unconventional:
    much more better

10. RSS

RSS Senior member

for example in US measurement system

Techincally I believe it's the Imperial system ... as in British ... not American.

At least money in America is base ten. You should have tried living in England before Decimal Day on 15 February 1971. Prior to decimalisation the pound was divided into 20 shillings, each of 12 (old) pence; thus there were 240 (old) pence to the pound.

Personally I think we use it because it takes a bit of thinking. Who wants something so easy that everyone knows it well.

11. munchausen

munchausen Senior member

Baseball I can understand why you don't get what's going on. It's just a bunch of guys standing around doing nothing.

American football, is a bunch of guys wearing padding hitting each other while turning their brain to mush by giving each other concussions. What's not to like about that?

I get why people don't understand it. There is literally about 10-15 minutes of on field play in 3 hours.

Don't get me wrong, I love the game but I can see how it's forbidding if you are an outsider. The rules are pretty complex and so is the strategy.

12. javyn

javyn Senior member

Think of American football like a chess game between the two coaches. Except the pieces are big and stupid and rarely do as ordered

13. vaalbara

vaalbara Senior member

because it's a super easy task to switch an entire country of 300 million to a different measuring system, right?

i'm with you on baseball, but football is a thinking man's game.

14. Septavius

Septavius Senior member

If you want to pay to replace all the machinery, tools, street signs, motor vehicles, textbooks, scales, thermometers, gauges, kitchen appliances, fuel pumps, milk jugs, etc in the entire United States that aren't in metric, feel free.

15. IsteRed

IsteRed Senior member

This vvv

I get why people don't understand it. There is literally about 10-15 minutes of on field play in 3 hours.

Don't get me wrong, I love the game but I can see how it's forbidding if you are an outsider. The rules are pretty complex and so is the strategy.

because it's a super easy task to switch an entire country of 300 million to a different measuring system, right?

Many countries did,in fact only 3 did not.