• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

US Airways Club Day Pass worth it?

Jokerman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So I have an 11 hour layover before my flight to Paris tomorrow in Charlotte, NC and don't want leave the airport. I saw US Airways offers day passes to there club room for like $50. Do you think this would be a wise choice? Keep in mind I am no business man.

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
if you intend to booze it up...then it could be. check if they have a shower..may be worth it to freshen up before the flight and after having some drinks...

Jokerman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sadly I cant drink. The more I think about it I think I am going to miss my morning flight and drive the 3 hours to Charlotte and take that flight. Its sill really to go from Raleigh to Charlotte with is less than an hour flight and then wait 11 hours.

kungapa

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jokerman
Sadly I cant drink. The more I think about it I think I am going to miss my morning flight and drive the 3 hours to Charlotte and take that flight. Its sill really to go from Raleigh to Charlotte with is less than an hour flight and then wait 11 hours.

Watch out with that - oftentimes if you miss the first leg the rest of the trip is voided.

Jokerman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ahh well damn. Looks like im stuck at the airport all day.

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Ahh well damn. Looks like im stuck at the airport all day.

y can' u drink???

Jokerman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am 7 months shy of being able to buy alcohol.

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I am 7 months shy of being able to buy alcohol.

do you drink? i went to amsterdam this past sept and was in the continental lounge and i don't think they proofed me.....got to the airport early and spent 2+ hrs boozing...

kungapa

Reaction score
If you pay for a pass, they most likely will not bother checking. The usual clientel of those lounges is typically a good bit above 21.

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kungapa
If you pay for a pass, they most likely will not bother checking. The usual clientel of those lounges is typically a good bit above 21.

agree 100%. just sit at the bar and start boozing. nada like free booze b4 u board a long flight. i was sitting in the lounge for my amsterdam trip and lost track of time and was the LAST person to board. they radioed ahead and said, "he is walking on now!" good times!!

Jokerman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well assuming the price of the day pass is the same as they say it online I will probably just end up doing that. Try and get away with a few drinks.

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Depending on what time your flight is, I don't see why you leave the airport and spend several hours "hanging out" in Charlotte. I did that while on layover in Amsterdam. Very good choice on my part.

Anyway spend the $50 at the lounge. Even if you don't drink, it'd be a lot more comfortable than the normal lounges.

Jokerman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yea on a normal day I would leave but my friends who have apartments there are home for Christmas and plus there is a chance for winter weather and NC makes a big deal at the smallest flake of snow.

sjg22

Reaction score
I've spent some serious time in the Air Canada lounges and it's generally worth it. For an 11 hour layover it's ABSOLUTELY worth it. The AC lounges often have showers (they get cleaned after each use and are incredibly refreshing) and obviously the free booze, food and magazines are nice. The real kicker is the free wi-fi and computer access.

I haven't been very impressed with the U.S. airlines lounges (only been in Continental and United as they're Star Alliance) but they're a definite step down from Air Canada, Lufthansa, BA and other Euro airlines. Still worth it for 11 hours.

jgold47

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sjg22
I've spent some serious time in the Air Canada lounges and it's generally worth it. For an 11 hour layover it's ABSOLUTELY worth it. The AC lounges often have showers (they get cleaned after each use and are incredibly refreshing) and obviously the free booze, food and magazines are nice. The real kicker is the free wi-fi and computer access.

I haven't been very impressed with the U.S. airlines lounges (only been in Continental and United as they're Star Alliance) but they're a definite step down from Air Canada, Lufthansa, BA and other Euro airlines. Still worth it for 11 hours.

this. I have a 4 hour or greater layover rule. The maple leaf lounges in Toronto are the absolute best.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads