• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

US 11D to UK 9.5E?

scnupe7

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Last month I ordered a pair of C&J Saviles.  I wear a US 11D so I ordered the Saviles in a 10.5E.  The 10.5E turned out to be too big, so I went down 1/2 size to a UK10E.  There was still some slippage with the right shoe, but I figured it was due to the fact the shoe is a monkstrap.  

Today I received a pair of C&J Belgraves in a 10E, which slip worse than the Saviles.  Could it be possible that I need to drop 1.5 sizes to a 9.5E?

dah328

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
On what shoe do you wear a US 11D? I wear a US 7.5D on the AE last #4 and a UK 7E on the C&J last 337. I've tried the UK 6.5E and it's definitely too small. Some have said that the difference between US and UK sizes is greater as you get into the larger sizes, but I doubt it's 1.5 sizes. Also, the 337 last may just be a poor fit for your foot.

dan

scnupe7

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
On what shoe do you wear a US 11D?  I wear a US 7.5D on the AE last #4 and a UK 7E on the C&J last 337.  I've tried the UK 6.5E and it's definitely too small.  Some have said that the difference between US and UK sizes is greater as you get into the larger sizes, but I doubt it's 1.5 sizes.  Also, the 337 last may just be a poor fit for your foot.

dan
I mosty wear Ferragamo, but pretty much every shoe I have worn in the past 10 years has been an 11D.

dah328

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I generally wear a half size larger in Ferragamo than in AE, so that could contribute to the sizing difference. Perhaps someone close to your size who owns C&J shoes can weigh in.

dan

NoVaguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wear an AE 10.5D (sometimes E, but usually D).  I've never been able to fit into any Ferragamo 10.5D's I've tried on at the Nordstrom sale racks.  So I think that could be part of the problem....  

For myself, I wouldn't consider a Ferragamo 10.5D to be equivalent to a generic US 10.5D.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads