• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Urban lumberjack look - gonna get you laid?

drewinnyc

Reaction score
Seems like the whole urban lumberjack/american heritage look is huge on this forum. I must say that I do like the look - seems casual and actually pretty functional as far as men's clothes go.

BUT, do chicks dig it? Seriously, I showed some pics of EG, WWM, W+H etc and all the girls hate it. Is this the most expensive way to dress to chase women away?

Marcus Brody

Reaction score
Where I'm in grad school we have a school of forestry and environmental studies. The look could definitely get you laid there.

In fact, it's a joke between my gf (who's a student there) and I that I'm not allowed to come into her apartment wearing any of my flannels as one of her roommates would jump me.

NorCal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by drewinnyc
Seems like the whole urban lumberjack/american heritage look is huge on this forum. I must say that I do like the look - seems casual and actually pretty functional as far as men's clothes go.

BUT, do chicks dig it? Seriously, I showed some pics of EG, WWM, W+H etc and all the girls hate it. Is this the most expensive way to dress to chase women away?

No, buy a vat of Caviar get naked and roll around in it and run at them screaming "Lick my little fish eggs, the fish eggggs!"
The cost of the law suit and the caviar will trump that of any urban lumberjack nonsense I promise.

c00kz

Reaction score
There's definitely fashion conscious women who recognize men's fashion for what it is but to them, I guess it still comes down to personal preference. Fashion isn't always great to the opposite sex. Then there are the ones who don't understand and just think it's unfashionable and behind the times and w/e but if you look at what they personally like..

Dentata

Reaction score
Originally Posted by drewinnyc
Is this the most expensive way to dress to chase women away?
You say this like it's a bad thing... Actually, this is one of the more expensive ways to chase women away with your clothing.
TBskirt004.jpg

HaloHorns

Reaction score
my girlfriend thinks its nice as long as its clean and well fitted, i stay way from it though, just personal preference.

mr. burns

Reaction score
you gotta carry an axe around to complete the look.

Big Pun

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So sick of hearing **** like this. Both sides, the haters and the avid J Crew/WWM etc fans defending it

Chip

Reaction score
My red and black lumberjack steez gets me all the butch chicks. Beleeee dat!

...in before DT.

db_ggmm

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You can't think about this in absolutes, only statistics. A percentage of women you cross paths with on an average day think that you are attractive. You change who is included in that percentage depending on what you wear, what you are doing, where you are going, and so on. Some of the women in that percentage don't even look at your clothing. One of them only looks at your hands and one only hears your voice.

You know that average humanity wants average, so it's TR's if you want to maximize. If you feel good in more rugged clothing, it will show and attract women who think you look good in it, but they will be intrinsically different than average humanity.

I don't dress like a lumberjack, but I do and did dress like aeglus to get laid. She likes / liked it.

Listi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've heard girls praise it and deride it. Some think it's fashionable, some think it looks silly. But you'll never please everyone, but you only need to please SOMEONE, so you can probably use it to get yourself laid provided you're decent looking yourself and not a dbag.

ps it likely depends on how hardcore you go, if you're wearing jeans, boots, and a flannel, you're probably fine. If you're wearing like hunting jackets and work pants and those weird shrunken/oversized/i don't know sweaters, I think girls are not gonna think it's cool.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics