Urban lumberjack look - gonna get you laid?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by drewinnyc, Jan 6, 2010.

1. sho'nuff

sho'nuff grrrrrrrr!!

not everything has to be about what is going to get you laid.

2. CharlieAngel

CharlieAngel Senior member

From personal experience? I received more compliments and more girls coming up to talk to me when I was wearing shit like 7 Diamonds shirts, obnoxious MEK jeans and Jo Ghost boots vs me in Docs, raw denim, and work shirts. So, from sheer numbers, dressing like a douchebag may get you laid more (just a simple law of numbers). Now, on the flipside, the girls in the first example were vapid club girls that I have absolutely no interest in. The best girls I've ever dated I met while wearing jeans, hoodies, and chucks, probably because that's what I'm most comfortable in.

3. ppllzz

ppllzz Senior member

whens the last time you cared at all about what a girl was wearing? i care about face/body and overall cleanliness. similarly, i doubt women care about what a guy is wearing. if your face is hot and you have an 8 pack you can wear abercrombie and get the hottest chicks

4. A Fellow Linguist

A Fellow Linguist Senior member

whens the last time you cared at all about what a girl was wearing? i care about face/body and overall cleanliness. similarly, i doubt women care about what a guy is wearing. if your face is hot and you have an 8 pack you can wear abercrombie and get the hottest chicks

I care what my girl wears. Similarly, she cares about what I wear.

not everything has to be about what is going to get you laid.

Yep.

Also, I like how the OP simplifies women into a single entity with one opinion on workwear. It's not like they're individuals with varying opinions, or anything. Okay, I'm done white knighting.

5. CharlieAngel

CharlieAngel Senior member

Depends. A hot girl wearing all designer wear, Alexander McQueen boots, an obnoxiously branded purse, bejewelled cell phone and a trashed (on the inside) mercedes? High Maintenance. Do Not Want. It's not really caring, and I admit to hypocrisy regarding "judging people for how they look". I'm not interested in rampant consumerism, wasteful spending, and following trends. Now, a girl in skin-tight jeans, vans, white rocker belt, stripe top (tight), razor cut hair, lots of eyeliner, tats, and razor scars? She's got issues, but I'll gamble there. [​IMG] A girl in a sun dress with a few tats peeking, riding an old Raleigh cruiser with a basket on the front? Yes please. I'll add that not every girl in the first example is a vapid high maintenance bitch. I give everyone the benefit of the doubt until they prove me wrong. It's just in my experience that those girls are more trouble than they're worth. Burn me once, shame on me, etc etc. Anyway, I realize that there are markers that can indicate undesirable traits, and clothing can be one of those markers.

6. shaftoe

shaftoe Senior member

Confidence gets you laid. If dressing like a lumberjack makes you confident, you're good to go.

7. zissou

zissou Senior member

Can't speak about urban lumberjack, but '30's sailor thug makes all the women think I'm gay.

8. ppllzz

ppllzz Senior member

Depends. A hot girl wearing all designer wear, Alexander McQueen boots, an obnoxiously branded purse, bejewelled cell phone and a trashed (on the inside) mercedes? High Maintenance. Do Not Want. It's not really caring, and I admit to hypocrisy regarding "judging people for how they look". I'm not interested in rampant consumerism, wasteful spending, and following trends. Now, a girl in skin-tight jeans, vans, white rocker belt, stripe top (tight), razor cut hair, lots of eyeliner, tats, and razor scars? She's got issues, but I'll gamble there. [​IMG] A girl in a sun dress with a few tats peeking, riding an old Raleigh cruiser with a basket on the front? Yes please. I'll add that not every girl in the first example is a vapid high maintenance bitch. I give everyone the benefit of the doubt until they prove me wrong. It's just in my experience that those girls are more trouble than they're worth. Burn me once, shame on me, etc etc. Anyway, I realize that there are markers that can indicate undesirable traits, and clothing can be one of those markers.
    are you gay? when it comes to girls, for me less is more. i cant remember the last time i looked at a girl and thought "wow shes dressed really well." i have thought, wow shes wearing sooo little of course if its my wife i would kinda care, but at that point its like we're the same person (what she does reflects on me and vice versa)

9. MiniW

MiniW Senior member

this thread is vapid without pics

10. bluemagic

bluemagic Senior member

The look is only for those who have transcended those base reasons for clothes.

11. Robert

Robert Senior member

Every time I wear my red/black flannel from J. Crew, I know I want to go to bed with myself. So there is something to this.

12. PinkPantser

PinkPantser Senior member

Can't speak about urban lumberjack, but '30's sailor thug makes all the women think I'm gay.

[​IMG]

13. billsayers

billsayers Senior member

Seriously doubt it.

No woman worth their salt ever looks at a guy dressed in flannels and raw denim and thinks - "I want that guys penis in me because he looks so rugged and blue-collar."

14. wiru

wiru Senior member

praise jesus, another workwear threak

15. TyCooN

TyCooN Senior member

Depends. A hot girl wearing all designer wear, Alexander McQueen boots, an obnoxiously branded purse, bejewelled cell phone and a trashed (on the inside) mercedes? High Maintenance. Do Not Want. It's not really caring, and I admit to hypocrisy regarding "judging people for how they look". I'm not interested in rampant consumerism, wasteful spending, and following trends. Now, a girl in skin-tight jeans, vans, white rocker belt, stripe top (tight), razor cut hair, lots of eyeliner, tats, and razor scars? She's got issues, but I'll gamble there. [​IMG] A girl in a sun dress with a few tats peeking, riding an old Raleigh cruiser with a basket on the front? Yes please.

I'll add that not every girl in the first example is a vapid high maintenance bitch. I give everyone the benefit of the doubt until they prove me wrong. It's just in my experience that those girls are more trouble than they're worth. Burn me once, shame on me, etc etc. Anyway, I realize that there are markers that can indicate undesirable traits, and clothing can be one of those markers.

so you don't like the hot party sluts but you want the weirdos?[​IMG]