• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• Hi, we have updated our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy in anticipation of the upcoming new Calfornia laws, the CCPA. If you are a resident of California, these rights pertain to you. Thanks - Styleforum Team.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Upping the ante with an all new 'stupidest question ever'

dusty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is your trouser waist size the same as your jeans waist size, considering that you wear jeans a good bit lower?

(take that, Brian)

cmrocks

Reaction score
I'm a size 30 in regular rise pants and a size 28 in low rise pants.

raley

Reaction score
I guess I'm curious about this as well.

Here's another question: for those who are pretty much exclusively jeans wearers, does it bother you to put on a pair of mid-rise or higher-rise dress pants? I can barely stand it putting them on - does this force you to buy lower rise dress pants that sit on your hips?

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
All my dress, or dressier pants, are low-medium rise and flat front, and sit just above my hips. They are just more flattering on my body type and more congruous with the types of suits I like to wear (fitted, short-to-medium jacket - no, I'm not a Thom Browne groupie, I've liked shirt skirted jackets ever since Miucciu Prada first put them on the catwalk), and slim straightlegged pants.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How wide do you like your leg opening on your trousers?

• 7”

Votes: 59 17.3%
  • 7.5”

Votes: 114 33.3%
  • 8”

Votes: 104 30.4%
  • 8.5”

Votes: 36 10.5%
  • 9”

Votes: 13 3.8%
  • 9.5”

Votes: 7 2.0%