• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Updated SF approved Paris recommendations

ville_e

Reaction score
I'm planning a trip to Paris. What shops, restaurants, museums, sights and hotels (good, moderately priced) would you recommend? Thanks in advance.

ville_e

Reaction score
Looking forward to hearing some suggestions. I will definitely visit MC stores like Berluti, Carmina, Charvet etc. and Colette. Any other recommendations on what other stores to visit?

If you have some recommendations about sights such as museums and the like, that would also be great! Thanks in advance!
smile.gif

pruppert

Reaction score
Le Bon Marche/Grande Epicerie are interesting to check out.

I'd check the list of Paris' weekly markets, and try to make it to one. Makes for a good +easy lunch, and it's an interesting to see all of the food laid out. The Bastille/Richard Lenoir market is interesting, if not super packed with people. I'd figure out your schedule, then see if there's a market on that day/around where you'll be.

While not necessarily because of the art, but more because of the building iself, I like the MusÃ
00a9.png
e du Quai Branly, which is all tribal art. The permanent collection is in a dark gallery, and the display of everything is great. I wouldn't go there before the Pompidou, but fun nonetheless. Parc de la Villette is interesting too. Kind of out of they way as far as most of Paris' main sights go, but it makes for a fun walk.

ville_e

Reaction score

chroMe

Reaction score
l'eclaireur
north marais shops
bhv homme
loft design by
studiohomme
lanvin sale shop
kokon to zai - also a great watch shop on rue tiquetonne
rick owens - not too far from colette
apc surplus

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
L'Ã
00a9.png
claireur rue HÃ
00a9.png
rold, MMM and RO are in the same area (around Palais Royal) and not too far from Colette, JCDC Lanvin and Hermès. You could also check out the Balenciaga shop, le bon marchÃ
00a9.png
, Kokon to zai, l'Éclaireur rue Mahler and at least one YSL shop. If you like luggage there is Goyard.

For shoes Carmina and Corthay are both near OpÃ
00a9.png
ra. Go to Atelier du Bracelet Parisien (A.B.P.) for custom purple watch straps in croc and other abominations. Check out Lagerfeld's bookshop (3L) an the Dries Van Noten men's store if you're in St-Germain. (quai Malaquais near one of the most popular location in the city for Paris fashion week)

Go hang out at cafÃ
00a9.png
Le progrès or La Perle in le Marais to people watch.

MusÃ
00a9.png
e de la Chasse is cool and make sure you check out the Rodin house again and again cause he's amazing.

JL77

Reaction score
This is my favorite restaurant that I ate at in Paris. Relatively affordable.

Le Bistrot d'Henri
17 Rue Princesse

There's a nice little gelatto place right around the corner and many bars in the area as well. Didn't get to shop too much in the neighborhood because everything was closed.

dwyhajlo

Reaction score
Yo Fuuma (or any other people with knowledge),

Is Printemps worthwhile or is it basically just the French version of Barneys? Is the Damir Doma any good?

ville_e

Reaction score
Originally Posted by chroMe
l'eclaireur
north marais shops
bhv homme
loft design by
studiohomme
lanvin sale shop
kokon to zai - also a great watch shop on rue tiquetonne
rick owens - not too far from colette
apc surplus

Where can I find the apc surplus and lanvin sale shops?

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dwyhajlo
Yo Fuuma (or any other people with knowledge),

Is Printemps worthwhile or is it basically just the French version of Barneys? Is the Damir Doma any good?

Dept store chain like Barneys or whatever; you have small areas dedicated to, say YSL, but if I want YSL I go to the shop. It might be worth checking out during sales.

You wanna see Damir Doma go to the DD shop 6 rue des Arquebusiers, you might even meet Damir, who is a great guy (studio and shop are in the same building).

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score
you can get a really good sandwich if you jump on the RER (no need to buy a ticket they don't check on this line ever) toward Seine Saint Denis, jump off on the 5th stop, i believe, the guy will make it in 35 seconds, and you run back on within 25 seconds, and then you arrive. Masoud "Mass-in-the-hood" can show you around there. But the cops will inevitably roll up within minutes of your arrival--pretend you don't speak french and make jokes about cocaine in the trunk, they'll soon go away.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads