• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Updated: Richard James Tie added, Vanda Tie

Status
Not open for further replies.

TweedyProf

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Consolidated high-end wool tie sale: Vanda and Richard James

These are all fantastic ties. The only reason I am letting them go is that I have imposed a limit of 25 ties per season and I am at 30. Measurements are approximate. Worn from 2-5 times each. All in excellent condition (to my eyes, as new). Fits are available for these in my IG.

Preference given to those with good feedback. If you have good ebay feedback, that’s a plus.

Photos to give a sense of brightness. All versatile colors for fall/winter. I would happily keep and wear each, but I need to be disciplined. Ties for sale are on the left ones in each picture.

1. Vanda Holland and Sherry blue/navy/white gunclub tweed six fold, handrolled edges. Need I say more? 3.5 x 58 inches. $90

2. Drake’s striped in beige, deep brown and rust herringbone. Tipped 3.15 x 60 inches $85

3. Beautifully soft brown wool glen plaid tie made for Richard James. $65 (3.25x61inches)

This is a soft flannel glen plaid tie in beige, and two browns. It has a lovely, muted quality appropriate for navy flannel/winter suits and navy winter blazers. I've also worn it effectively with greens and browns. A great tie, one I'd be happy to keep, but one in, one out. In great shape, worn sparingly. Tipped with a sky blue silk, and measuring 3.25 x 61 inches. It ties fine, with the knot eating up the length (I typically shoot for 58.5 inches for length, and this ties just fine). But if length is a concern, I can give you more precise measurements. Knots beautifully as you can see.

Made in Italy.

Here's a recent picture of it in close up. Other pictures can be found on my IG.

Attachments

• 5f80cee5_IMG_7848 copy 2.jpg
    5f80cee5_IMG_7848 copy 2.jpg
    178.7 KB · Views: 51
  • FullSizeRender.jpg
    FullSizeRender.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 40
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads