• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

**UPDATED PICS PAGE 3** yet another RLBL fit critique

UltraMagnetical

Reaction score
Last edited:

Superfluous

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think you could size down, but it's hard to tell without a proper shirt. If I remember I'll post mine up later.

UltraMagnetical

Reaction score

I think you could size down, but it's hard to tell without a proper shirt. If I remember I'll post mine up later.

thanks unfortunately not an option, keep this one or sell it. I usually wear a 40 in PRL this is my first RLBL suit and i went 42 and to be honest the 42 pants BARELY fit my legs so the 40 def wouldnt have!
I had the chest and waist taken in on this one a little bit

AlexE

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What I can see from those pics is that the shoulders are too big for you (looks a bit like 1980 suits with those giant shoulder pads...). Since this is cannot be fixed I'd sell it before investing lots of money into tailoring. The 42 jacket is obviously too big for you. If the 40 trousers do not work this might simply mean that RLBL is not the right cut for you. Sorry.

UltraMagnetical

Reaction score

What I can see from those pics is that the shoulders are too big for you (looks a bit like 1980 suits with those giant shoulder pads...). Since this is cannot be fixed I'd sell it before investing lots of money into tailoring. The 42 jacket is obviously too big for you. If the 40 trousers do not work this might simply mean that RLBL is not the right cut for you. Sorry.

ok thanks, I think its kind of the aesthetic with the RLBL suits (even if you look on the RL website) but I do see what you mean

Superfluous

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It is meant to be an extended shoulder, but I don't think this is the right size shoulders.

Klobber

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Shoulders too big by at least 2 inches. Sizing down to a 40 wont help much, I suggest you try another brand if you want to stick to RTW. Many suit makers design suits for the lean man with narrow shoulders - seek those out or a different RLBL cut.

UltraMagnetical

Reaction score

Shoulders too big by at least 2 inches. Sizing down to a 40 wont help much, I suggest you try another brand if you want to stick to RTW. Many suit makers design suits for the lean man with narrow shoulders - seek those out or a different RLBL cut.

Im not so sure I have narrow shoulders, my chest measures 42" and my shoulders around are 49" with a 31" waist. The shoulders on this suit measure to be 19". a 17" shoulder will definitely not fit me.

sportin_life

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
From what I can tell:

1. Shoulders seem too big for you.
2. The side profile looks really odd to me for some reason, can't quite place it.

Can probably get a better idea if you wear it with the pants and a dress shirt.

Last edited:

musicguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

LOL at the new RLBL shoulders.

Are these the new RLBL shoulders? Gah, what an abomination.

Edit: I just looked on the website and they look similar. Just say no to 80s shoulders.

WTF is this ****?!

Last edited:

apropos

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Are these the new RLBL shoulders? Gah, what an abomination.

Edit: I just looked on the website and they look similar. Just say no to 80s shoulders.

WTF is this ****?!

Yeah, they're the new aircraft carrier shoulders. Pretty lulzworthy, especially since they've kept the slim lapels.

But what else could we expect from this guy?

musicguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Yeah, they're the new aircraft carrier shoulders. Pretty lulzworthy, especially since they've kept the slim lapels.

But what else could we expect from this guy?

Those narrow lapels only add to the abomination... but yeah, nuts!

This along with the god-awful RLBL denim have made RLBL ****.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads