• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Update on Cheaney shoes

Nick V.

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I reached out to a well placed source at Cheaney's this week. I asked for an update on what's going on since the Church cousin's bought the company back.
Though I'd share the response:

"Hi Nick

Everything is fine at this end. I'm currently working hard on the new website and catalogue- lots of photography going on at the moment! We are hoping to launch both in June, with e-commerce functionality (UK only at this stage). I think you will love the top end Sovereign range-oak bark soles, with fiddle waists. There are 7 styles and the materials are beautiful. The Country Collection has been extended and the rest will probably be under the Cheaney of England banner, sub-divided into City, Casual and Classic, although this is still a 'work in progress'. The City styles are all new, and are very elegant and sophisticated-I think they will be the classics of the future. There are some innovative Casual styles, as well as updates on old favourites.

We are also planning to open shops this year, so watch this space!

Kind regards"

Wes Bourne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nick, wasn't Cheaney bought by Church's some time ago? You know someone at Cheaney huh?...

Originally Posted by Pengranger
New arrival this week...

_DSC4602-1.jpg

Originally Posted by aj_del
^^ nice, details please

They are Cheaney FS029. Not bad for £150... Here's a few more photos I took...

_DSC4586.jpg

_DSC4583.jpg

_DSC4592.jpg

_DSC4614.jpg

Originally Posted by StephenStyle
V nice. That's a lot of boot for £150

Originally Posted by aj_del
^^ agreed, where to kop?

Originally Posted by JayJay
^^^Great looking boots.

Originally Posted by Michael Ay329
Pengranger: This is "the" complete Style Forum authorized country boot
1. Wing tip for a more casual design
2. Heavily brogued and gimped
3. Dainite sole
4. Grained brown leather

Good find...did you purchase this online?

Originally Posted by remo72tg
Simply stunning..Please tell us where you bought them.

Thanks everyone for your kind comments. The boots are made on special order for the Cheaney Factory shop in Rushden - and I believe it's the manager of the shop who spec'd the design. That's why it has a number instead of a name - the FS in FS029 means Factory Shop. They aren't seconds, but I presume they are made to a budget. The boots are very popular and they get a new batch made when they run out. If you haven't been, it's worth a trip.

I'll have a think about how I can describe my camera skills. It comprises of a decent DSLR, 60mm macro lens, studio lights, Capture NX2 and Photoshop. It takes a while, but I like the finished result.

Another purchase in progress for next week...

Originally Posted by my_alias
Such nice photographs, thank you for that! I've been looking for this exact style and wasn't sure of a more affordable brand to go for. I may have to hit london on the weekend
smile.gif

Originally Posted by ManofKent
+2

One of the nicest looking country boots I've seen, regardless of price.

Originally Posted by upnorth
+1 to all those +1s.

These seem like the perfect country boots and I can't help but wonder if, with sufficient interest on SF, that Cheaney factory would be able to introduce the FS029 as a forum special for around the price range of the same vicinity as what you paid, with the option of international mailing.

Originally Posted by Wes Bourne
I don't see why not, since there MTO order minimum is (only) 12 pairs. Add the fact that this style is already something they produce for their Factory Store so they already have pattern which could avoid the usual setup cost. Don't know how shipping would work though, i.e. if Cheaney or the FS would be willing to mail each pair individually.

Originally Posted by gdl203
I'm in!

Originally Posted by StephenStyle
I'd be in for that.

Nick V.

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Nick, wasn't Cheaney bought by Church's some time ago? You know someone at Cheaney huh?...

Yes and yes. Dedicated people. Congrats to the Habs, nice upset!

Wes Bourne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Nick V.
Yes and yes. Dedicated people. Congrats to the Habs, nice upset!

Damn, I had hoped you'd volunteer to look into the possibility of hooking up that boot for SF...
laugh.gif
While I don't usually care for hockey, I must admit I watched that game with great interest (and a bowl of chips).

Reaction score
An excellent looking pair of boots (look like C & J at half their price!) I think they've got a real winner on their hands in this model - I'm certainly up for a group purchase at GBP 150. Is a member willing to put in the time to coordinate this?

upnorth

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't think they (Cheaney) are interested. I emailed them a week back about this but have not heard back from them.

They are busy with launching their new lines and I doubt they are keen to entertain such a small order.

kev777

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm afraid Cheaney wont be getting any of my business any time soon !! Rang them to buy that boot with credit card in hand to be told they didnt have my size and wouldnt be making my size in that boot at all. (size 6.5). As ALL the other manufacturers make my size in virtually any style i would care to order, Cheaney can go shove that boot squarely up their a**e !! The guy that i spoke to actually seemed quite pleased to be able to fook me off!!

Would have been my first Cheaney shoe/boot purchase and was quite looking forward to it now it seems my collection will not include Cheaney.
plain.gif

Now wheres that AS catalogue and phone number.................

kev777

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by upnorth
I don't think they (Cheaney) are interested.

Emailed Cheaney on the 2nd of this month and still no reply !! Not very good
in my book. Such a shame
facepalm.gif

upnorth

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I assure you Sir, you are not the only one dissed. If they are not going to answer emails, might as well not put the contact information out there.

I can only wish them the best. They are not the only shoemakers out there.

dksmc

Reaction score
I've only had great experience in contacting and getting information from Cheaney.

Wes Bourne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For upnorth, gdl203, kev777, StephenStyle and anyone else who were interested in Cheaney FS029 boots similar to Pengranger's: Herring Langdale 8 eyelet brogue boots for 191.49£ excl. VAT. Not exactly the same, but close enough and also made by Cheaney...

125.jpg

idfnl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
For upnorth, gdl203, kev777, StephenStyle and anyone else who were interested in Cheaney FS029 boots similar to Pengranger's: Herring Langdale 8 eyelet brogue boots for 191.49£ excl. VAT. Not exactly the same, but close enough and might very well be made by Cheaney...

125.jpg

I think those are the ones made by Trickers

Groover

Reaction score
^^^

They're on the 175 last which is a Cheaney stock last.

Plestor

Reaction score
"Sturdy country brogue boot with a 360 degree storm welt. The upper is made from a supple Mahogany grain calf. Hand made by Cheaney of Northampton for Herring Shoes."

What more do you pair want?

Edit: also the last as per Groover's post.

Racing Green

Reaction score
I wonder is Pengranger's factory shop boot also on the 175 last? If so they're almost identical bar the speed hooks.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads