• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

    Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

    Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

--Update--GOT IT!!Need your opinion on a watch please (gift for my dad).

Shikar

Distinguished Member
Joined
Aug 12, 2007
Messages
3,066
Reaction score
35
Well, last year I got my dad a watch and you all helped a LOT, I appreciate it. Now its time to get him another watch and whats your opinion of this watch...


Again, I appreciate your opinions and they will help me in my decision for his gift.

Regards.
PS. 2nd page for update!
 

culverwood

Distinguished Member
Joined
Jun 6, 2007
Messages
2,092
Reaction score
413
If my son gave me a watch like that I would be very happy. Perhaps a little busy for me but it's the thought that counts.
 

Twotone

Distinguished Member
Joined
Jan 24, 2008
Messages
1,019
Reaction score
43
Nice watch and great gift. I've always liked gold Rolex watches on leather straps. They look tacky and shout "BLING" on gold bracelets. Great choice.

Twotone
 

nedliug

Member
Joined
Aug 21, 2010
Messages
5
Reaction score
0
I like the watch you got him last year better. Unless he is specifically looking for a Rolex, I would avoid them. If you're looking in the Rolex price range, have you checked out Patek Phillipe at all?
 

joegrec

Senior Member
Joined
Feb 6, 2009
Messages
116
Reaction score
0
Originally Posted by nedliug
I like the watch you got him last year better. Unless he is specifically looking for a Rolex, I would avoid them. If you're looking in the Rolex price range, have you checked out Patek Phillipe at all?

+1

Although I like Rolex I find most of there watch model's look very busy. And I can't stand the massive bubble they put on almost all there watch so you can see the date. It makes a nice watch look like crap. Like putting velcro on a pair of Edward Greens
 

NORE

Distinguished Member
Joined
Dec 3, 2010
Messages
5,497
Reaction score
304
Since you gave him a watch last year, how about a high-end pen or something?

Bastige
 

in stitches

Kung Joo
Spamminator Moderator
Moderator
Joined
Oct 10, 2010
Messages
69,954
Reaction score
32,966
Originally Posted by nedliug
I like the watch you got him last year better. Unless he is specifically looking for a Rolex, I would avoid them. If you're looking in the Rolex price range, have you checked out Patek Phillipe at all?

?????
rolex starts at 4k about patek 15k +
 

in stitches

Kung Joo
Spamminator Moderator
Moderator
Joined
Oct 10, 2010
Messages
69,954
Reaction score
32,966
its a great watch, id be glad to have one anyway im sure your dad will love it
 

in stitches

Kung Joo
Spamminator Moderator
Moderator
Joined
Oct 10, 2010
Messages
69,954
Reaction score
32,966
Originally Posted by TC (Houston)
I like this one better:



sure is sweel i love AP, but that puppy retails for 25k the vintage rolex can be had for 6k maybe less
 

Shikar

Distinguished Member
Joined
Aug 12, 2007
Messages
3,066
Reaction score
35
Originally Posted by culverwood
If my son gave me a watch like that I would be very happy. Perhaps a little busy for me but it's the thought that counts.
Its the exact problem I have...its busy. Maybe the *stick* markers would be better than the roman numerals.
Originally Posted by Twotone
Nice watch and great gift. I've always liked gold Rolex watches on leather straps. They look tacky and shout "BLING" on gold bracelets. Great choice. Twotone
Correct, and I like the white face as its easier for him to read.
Originally Posted by nedliug
I like the watch you got him last year better. Unless he is specifically looking for a Rolex, I would avoid them. If you're looking in the Rolex price range, have you checked out Patek Phillipe at all?
I have thought of PP too.
Originally Posted by joegrec
+1 Although I like Rolex I find most of there watch model's look very busy. And I can't stand the massive bubble they put on almost all there watch so you can see the date. It makes a nice watch look like crap. Like putting velcro on a pair of Edward Greens
The cyclops makes it possible for him to read the date....old eyes.
Originally Posted by NORE
Since you gave him a watch last year, how about a high-end pen or something? Bastige
....you are a sneaky one.....but I have gifted him watch/pen/Ipad/house etc already last year. The watch seems to get most use, after the house.
Originally Posted by in stitches
????? rolex starts at 4k about patek 15k +
Correct, Patek is more expensive.
Originally Posted by in stitches
its a great watch, id be glad to have one anyway im sure your dad will love it
Thanks, I agree. He still has the Casio I gave him 20 years ago so it is the thought for sure!
Originally Posted by TC (Houston)
I like this one better:

That is nice but he dislikes my IWC with a similar theme. Regards.
 

Mr.K

Distinguished Member
Joined
Sep 18, 2008
Messages
2,080
Reaction score
587
That is a nice watch, but a Presidential should be on a metal bracelet. It looses some of its look on leather. Also the band used is a work of art and very comfortable. My farther has let me use his platinum day/date a couple times and it felt so good with the bracelet.
 

NORE

Distinguished Member
Joined
Dec 3, 2010
Messages
5,497
Reaction score
304
Originally Posted by Shikar

....you are a sneaky one.....but I have given him watch/pen/Ipad/house etc already last year. The watch seems to get most use, after the house.


 

TC (Houston)

Distinguished Member
Joined
Oct 8, 2008
Messages
3,243
Reaction score
408
Originally Posted by in stitches
sure is sweel i love AP, but that puppy retails for 25k the vintage rolex can be had for 6k maybe less

It's certainly a lot more than 6k but can be had for a lot less than $25k.



Originally Posted by Shikar
IThat is nice but he dislikes my IWC with a similar theme.

Well, that's the most important factor!
 

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

  • 1 - 4

    Votes: 16 3.6%
  • 5 - 10

    Votes: 75 16.7%
  • 11 - 20

    Votes: 148 33.0%
  • 21 - 30

    Votes: 75 16.7%
  • 31 - 40

    Votes: 37 8.2%
  • 41 - 50

    Votes: 26 5.8%
  • 51 - 60

    Votes: 16 3.6%
  • 61 - 70

    Votes: 9 2.0%
  • 71 - 80

    Votes: 13 2.9%
  • 81 - 90

    Votes: 3 0.7%
  • 91 - 100

    Votes: 4 0.9%
  • 100+

    Votes: 27 6.0%

Related Threads

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
427,542
Messages
9,200,036
Members
193,181
Latest member
rzvdantar

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Top