• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

UPDATE--$40 CONUS the pair! Sz. 17 English shirts by PURDEY (yes, the aristocratic English gunmakers

Status
Not open for further replies.

tweedydon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
These are absolutely CLASSIC autumnal English country shirts!

OFFERS ARE VERY WELCOME! TAKE BOTH SHIRTS TOGETHER FOR $40, shipped in CONUS!

All prices include shipping in CONUS, and International inquiries are welcome, with shipping at cost.

1) Size 17 Purdey tattersall.

Were my mother not to have been a woman, I would own a pair of Purdey side-by-side shotguns from my grandfather.... But, as it happens, she is, and so they went to one of her older brothers, dammit. So, the nearest that I've got to owning a Purdey is through this shirt.... which, of course, I never wore for fearing of marring it (although it has been laundered.) It's a lovely heavier-weight cotton tattersall in a classic English Country Check. Although it's slightly rumpled from storage, this is in excellent condition. It cost a small fortune new--did I mention it was from Purdey's?--and even well-used Purdey shirts fetch silly prices on eBay... But since I just want to find this a good home how about just $35 shipped in CONUS, or lower offer?

2) Sz 17 Cordings check shirt with French cuffs.

I have reluctantly to admit that this is now too big for me... and so it's here to ind a new home! This classic shirt from the utterly traditional English shop Cordings, of Picadilly, London (just across from Fortnum's) is in a wonderful versatile small check, and has French cuffs. It does have a small flaw that I only found when examining it this morning after collecting the eggs from my chickens, and prior to listing it--a couple of small holes near its hem. These are, obviously, utterly invisible when your shirt is tucked in. It's also rather rumpled from storage, and I haven't worn it for a couple of years owing to weight loss.

Given these flaws, though, how about an insanely cheap $15 CONUS, or offer?

Attachments

• Anglophiliatweed 048.JPG
    Anglophiliatweed 048.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 10
Last edited:

Spats

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads