• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Upcoming San Francisco Trunk Shows

UrbanComposition

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi Peter,

Could you provide URL or SF comments with pics of Salvo's work?
I might be interested.

Thanks,

Roger
Hey Roger,

In all honesty, most of the Italian houses I’ve had experience with have a slim house style. That said, Salvo has been the most flexible and I’ve had success with asking for more classic styles, such as fuller trousers and extended shoulders. Here’s a pic of a suit, and another pic with a sport coat and trousers.
9667A2A7-9E2E-4325-91EC-319059A22D10.jpeg
4BF44293-B107-4751-88DF-A4F008F1E331.jpeg

dalevy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Fix your tie ?

Hey Roger,

In all honesty, most of the Italian houses I’ve had experience with have a slim house style. That said, Salvo has been the most flexible and I’ve had success with asking for more classic styles, such as fuller trousers and extended shoulders. Here’s a pic of a suit, and another pic with a sport coat and trousers.
View attachment 1254591 View attachment 1254592

dauster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So, over the years, I've tried to get more custom clothiers and boutiques to visit San Francisco. The projects are purely out of a desire to see a more thriving community here of traveling tailors, shoemakers, and at times boutiques/ brands. I don't get anything out of these arrangements -- money, discounts, free products, or otherwise. But I like the opportunity of seeing people locally, whereas they would otherwise only visit New York City (if they visit the US at all).

Thus, I thought I'd start a thread for upcoming San Francisco trunk shows. And, at times, the greater Bay Area. The ability to get people here hinges on whether people actually attend these events (and, frankly, ultimately order something). So I'm hoping to help spread the word around.

I'll use this thread to promote upcoming trunk shows and events in the area, but I encourage anyone to contribute. My only request: if you have a relationship with the brand/ store/ or craftsperson, please state that upfront.

Some events on the immediate horizon:

Edward Sexton (Feb 11th and 12th)

I think everyone is familiar with Edward Sexton. He was the technical genius behind Tommy Nutter, and today carries on that sort of dramatic look -- albeit in a more toned down form -- through his own tailoring house. A lot more structured than what we usually talk about on this forum, but I think it looks great. A bit Art Deco-ish. Fantastic looking double breasteds and one of the few tailoring houses that I think consistently executes a single-breasted peak lapel well.

They have two lines, one being the main bespoke offering and another that's a sort of "trimmed down" bespoke service offered at half the price. The pattern drafting is done off blocks, the make is done in China. There's one fitting, instead of the usual three, but the final adjustments are done in-house. Full bespoke service, on the other hand, is your usual full bespoke with everything done in-house.

Details of the event:
  • Dates: San Francisco on February 11th and 12th, then in Los Angeles from February 14th to 16th
  • Locations: The Scarlet Huntington in San Francisco; The W Hotel in Los Angeles

Pomella Napoli (Feb 18th to 20th)

Lino Pommella, former trouser cutter at Rubinacci, has left Rubi and started his own firm. His partner is Gianluca Migliarotti, the director behind O'Mast. As I understand it, Gianluca always travels with Lino, and serves as his translator.

I've never bought anything from Pomella, but I've seen the work he did when he was at Rubinacci. I don't know if the tailors are the same, but the cut at least was really nice. Trim and Italian, but not as trim as Ambrosi's house cut (or, at least, what I got from Ambrosi). Obviously it's bespoke, so you can probably get whatever you want, but the general style is likely going to be trimmer than an SR firm. The technical skill behind the cuts I've seen were very good -- even though the pants were slim, they fell cleanly.

Details of the event:

Marol (March 6th and 7th)

Northern Italian shirt factory that's now doing its own house line. Previously, they've only operated as a private label manufacturer. Again, I've never ordered anything from them, but the work looks nice. Mostly machine sewn shirts, but precisely executed and well done. They recently did a collaboration with Bruce Boyer, although the price of those shirts are very high.

Mainline shirts start around 300 euros for MTO. Still expensive, but not unreasonable given what's on the market today. They also offer MTM and bespoke. The best things I've seen from them are the one-piece holiday collars on @Andy57. Frankly, they just look great. They stand up without a tie, have a nice roll without being a button down, and just generally look better than many of your standard spread collars, which collapse under a jacket's lapels.

Details of the event:

Nackymade (March 15th)

Everyone here is probably familiar with Nackymade from their collaborations with The Armoury. Japanese eyewear manufacturer, with both MTO and fully custom options available. I was told bespoke starts at $600. If that includes lenses (I didn't ask), that actually seems like a pretty good deal.

House style seems a bit quirky and fun, but I've seen them do more sedate styles. They offer frames in acetate, cherrywood, and titanium. I like the company's sense of design.

Details of the event:
  • Dates: March 15th
  • Locations: Susan, the store, at 3685 Sacramento Street
  • Contact: I assume either Nackymade or Susan. (nackymade.com or 415-922-3685)
Is Marol still coming to San Francisco? Are they only coming once a year?

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Gentlemen's Footwear
October 17th - 19th (Thursday through Saturday)
Grand Hyatt
345 Stockton Street
San Francisco, CA 94108

From their email:

Made to measure service from Orazio Luciano, Vanacore Napoli shirts, Drake's and B&Tailor will be offered (Ariston Napoli & Caccioppolli fabric bunch books) as well as MTO from Carmina Shoemaker & Edward Green (different leather swatches will be available).

Kindly email us (or text 7148655754) if you'd like to make an appointment. We can also bring any products we have in stock from our website (including NOMOS watches) if you'd like to see them in person.

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
EB Meyrowitz
October 29th and 30th (Tuesday and Wednesday)
The Four Seasons
757 Market Street
San Francisco, CA 94103

Henry Poole
November 13th and 14th (Wednesday and Thursday)
Huntington Hotel
1075 California Street
San Francisco, CA 94108

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Bespoke glasses?! Now that's interesting! Could you share some details? Pricing, turnaround time, number of fittings, etc.

Prob better to contact them.

Nackymade also visits San Francisco, FWIW. They hold their trunkshows at Susan, a womenswear store, although the trunk show also offers men's eyewear.

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Meermin is in town for a trunk show. They actually held it today, but there will be another trunk show tomorrow for those nearby. Location is about a block away from Powell BART. I assume this is a good time to get fitted in your Meermin size and check out MTO options. It's also one of the more affordable trunk show opportunities, for those interested.

No appointments are necessary. Walk-ins are welcome.

Meermin
November 16th (Saturday)
11am until 6pm
Hilton Parc 55
55 Cyril Magnin St (Lombard Room)
San Francisco

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
A bit early, but figured I may as well put them here now. Some trunk show notices for January.

I Sarti Italiani
January 27th and 28th (Monday and Tuesday)
Each day goes from 2pm to whenever
Location is at @UrbanComposition's home
DM him for details

Steed
January 26th and 27th (Sunday and Monday)
The InterContinental Mark Hopkins
999 California Street
San Francisco, CA 94108

Also, Steed is adding Los Angeles to their US tour schedule. They'll be there on Friday, January 24th for the entire day. Then again on Saturday, January 25th, but just from 9am until noon. The trunk show is happening at the InterContinental Century City in Beverly Hills. Those interested can contact them directly.

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
New Solito trunk shows. I'm including the LA trip here for those who may be interested

Sartoria Solito
January 18th, Saturday (from 3pm until 8:3pm)
InterContinental
888 Howard Street
San Francisco, CA 94103

Note, this is the InterContinental hotel south of Market Steet. Not the Mark Hopkins InterContinental hotel, north of Market, where most other trunk shows are held.

Then Solito in Los Angeles
January 19th (from 3pm until 8pm) and January 20th (from 9:30am until 12 noon)
InterContinental downtown
900 Wilshire Blvd
Los Angeles, CA 90017

Those interested can email Luigi:

dauster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Richard Anderson will be back January 24th-25th at the Mark Hopkins Hotel

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads