• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Upcoming San Francisco Trunk Shows

RedLeg

Reaction score
WW Chan Tailors - Appointments

San Francisco
San Francisco Hilton

October 16 & 17
333 O'Farrell Street
Tuesday & Wednesday
San Francisco, CA 94102
Cell: (917) 717-9034 or Hotel: (415) 771-1400

How is their quality when doing a trunk show? I've always avoided these for suits, but the SF tailoring scene makes one reconsider past opinions...

brillopad

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Technically not a trunk show, but a fun upcoming event.
62905f5c-49e8-4b70-a603-8ac109853b65-jpeg.1037902

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Drakes will be having a trunk show tomorrow October 23rd and 24th at Cable Car Clothiers. Jonathan said he had a bunch of jeans, scarves, knitwear, shirts and tailored clothing coming in for the show. They will also be doing MTM orders.

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm interested in trying out the Drakes jeans. Anyone here have a pair? How is the sizing and shrinkage?

EDIT: Dieworkwear just got back to me and said he has a pair and they are sanforized. I go with the raw fit when sanforized.

Last edited:

Mr. Six

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Smashburn is in San Francisco Thursday, January 10 & Friday, January 11
9am - 6pm
The Fairmont San Francisco
950 Mason St
San Francisco, CA 94108
by appointment only
Our traveling men's shop is coming back to San Francisco... a small team of guys and a master tailor (plus moodboards & music) in a private suite at the Fairmont. We'll have new seasonal fabrics & forever favorites for MTM and custom pieces, along with a selection of off-the-rack items including suits, jackets, shirts, trousers, shoes & accessories.

ontheroad at sidmashburn.com

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I posted this in the Nicholas Templeman thread, but Nicholas is coming to San Francisco. Figured I'd also slot it here, just in case people are interested. I have two pairs split toes from him and a pair of boots on order. Really happy with his work can't recommend him enough. One of the best bespoke makers I've worked with.

San Francisco
May 4th & 5th
The Mark Hopkins
999 California Street

http://www.nicholastempleman.com/travel.html

Mr. Six

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Steed is back on January 27 and 28.

upload_2019-1-11_14-49-14.png

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Stoffa
Thursday - Saturday, February 14th - 16th
by appointment only
St. Regis Hotel
125 3rd St
San Francisco, CA 94103

https://stoffa.co/pages/trunkshows

From their email:

"We're excited to invite you to our spring trunk show in San Francisco. Our complete made-to-measure series will be available, including the new 006 Shirt Jacket. We'll also have a range of our signature accessories on hand, with some great new additions to our knitwear."

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Posting @UrbanComposition's notice here cause this seems interesting

For those in the Bay Area, Salvo from I Sarti Italiani is in San Francisco from Thursday March 6 to Saturday March 8. Like Matt in the old days, I’m hosting him and the fittings the first few times to keep costs down. I finally convinced them to get a separate email for English speakers:

[email protected]

Alternatively you can PM me for details. For those interested, I’ll try to organize a dinner on Saturday evening. Causwell’s is just down the street...

Photos of I Sarti Italiani's work here:

E4F1335E-75EE-4193-9295-4574B4DD2C56.jpg
566EC61A-467D-42BA-8E3D-C5748A1FBE85.jpg

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Few more. All by appointment only.

Steven Hitchcock
Tuesday and Wednesday, February 5th and 6th
The Rosewood
2825 Sand Hill Road
Menlo Park, CA, 94025
https://thesavilerowtailor.co.uk/

WW CHan
Friday and Saturday, March 1st and 2nd
San Francisco Hilton
333 O'Farrell Street
San Francisco, CA, 94102
http://www.wwchan.com/

Huntsman
Monday and Tuesday, April 1st and 2nd
The St. Regis
125 3rd Street
San Francisco, CA, 94103
https://www.huntsmansavilerow.com/

Turnbull & Asser
Monday, April 1st
The Ritz Carlton
600 Stockton Street
San Francisco, CA, 94108
https://turnbullandasser.com/

Henry Poole
Wednesday and Thursday, April 24th and 25th
The Scarlet Huntington Hotel
1075 California Street
San Francisco, CA, 94108
https://henrypoole.com/hp/

George Cleverley
Monday and Tuesday, May 6th and 7th
The Scarlet Huntington Hotel
1075 California Street
San Francisco, CA, 94108
https://www.georgecleverley.com/

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Wondering if there's any interest in bringing Solito out to San Francisco. I tried organizing something a while ago, but the trunk show never panned out. Turns out, however, that he's now visiting Los Angeles, so I'm wondering if he might be tempted to make a San Francisco trip if there are enough orders.

I don't remember his prices, but they're on the lower end of bespoke. Reasonably affordable, as far as these things go. I also think he does good work (although, a word of caution, he's not always on top of communication. Sometimes you have to send follow up emails, but IME, so goes the experience of working with small Italian tailoring shops).

@ntempleman uses him for sport coats and I think the garments look great on him. Having seen his jackets in person, I'd say they're a little slimmer and more casual than the Steed cut. They're also just a touch more padded than NSM. Roughly comparable to the Rubinaccis and Formosas I've seen. The shoulders are lightly padded (I think they're half a ply). Chest is comfortably cut without being technically draped. Here are some photos of Nicholas in his coats.

teTJhSJ4.jpg
5LihuE_Q-1.jpg
3Kxl74w1.jpg
TdKuei69.jpg
Ghe-T0_y.jpg

Full disclosure: as usual, I'm not getting anything for helping Solito organize a trunk show. (He doesn't even know I'm posting this at the moment, but I figured I'd gauge interest before seeing if he can come out). I don't get discounts, money, payment in-kind, or any other kind of compensation. I'm just interested in ordering a sport coat from him and don't want to have to fly to Los Angeles to meet him.

Would there be any interest in this kind of thing? He's coming to LA in early March. We may miss him on this trip, but maybe he'd be interested in coming if there are enough orders.

Bromley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The Solito stuff I've seen in person look very, very nice.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads