• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Upcoming San Francisco Trunk Shows

Moraga'd

Reaction score
@UrbanComposition
Hoping he can still make it in March. Will Salvo be coming in May regardless of potential cancellation next month? If not, what is the loose schedule of the following upcoming appointment?

UrbanComposition

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@UrbanComposition
Hoping he can still make it in March. Will Salvo be coming in May regardless of potential cancellation next month? If not, what is the loose schedule of the following upcoming appointment?
I'm really hoping he comes too...I called United and at this time there are no travel restrictions to Germany. He bought a non refundable ticket so he can't change dates at this time, but if (let's hope never) travel restrictions are put in place, he can change dates at that time. He probably won't come in May unless he has to, since that's peak wedding season in Italy and he's normally swamped.

Tickets for September have been bought, though, and the dates are:

Thursday-Sunday Sept 23-27 San Francisco
Monday-Tuesday Sept 28-29 NYC

The next visit will probably be at the end of November/early December.

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I'm really hoping he comes too...I called United and at this time there are no travel restrictions to Germany. He bought a non refundable ticket so he can't change dates at this time, but if (let's hope never) travel restrictions are put in place, he can change dates at that time. He probably won't come in May unless he has to, since that's peak wedding season in Italy and he's normally swamped.

That's a real bummer, but mostly because he bought a non-refundable ticket. I hope there's some clause that allows him to recoup some of his money. That sucks.

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's a real bummer, but mostly because he bought a non-refundable ticket. I hope there's some clause that allows him to recoup some of his money. That sucks.
My parents were supposed to go on an Asian cruise at the end of March flying with United to HK first. United refunded their tickets when the Corona virus basically shut down all of China and travel was restricted.

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
My parents were supposed to go on an Asian cruise at the end of March flying with United to HK first. United refunded their tickets when the Corona virus basically shut down all of China and travel was restricted.

Seems like the right thing to do. Hopefully tailors who have booked tickets can get their money back if they're not able to use those tickets.

Andy57

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I'll try to reach out to everyone individually, but I just heard from I Sarti Italiani that many countries are blocking Italians from entering, or quarantining them for 14 days due to the outbreak of the coronavirus in northern Italy. So far this hasn't affected Salvo (he stops in Munich, and so far Germany hasn't issued any travel restrictions), but it might, so he may try to postpone the trip to avoid being in airport limbo.

He was thinking May, since that'll give everyone enough time to mellow out. I'll keep everyone posted.
As I will not be able to see Salvo in March, the news that he might come in May is welcome. Good news for the wrong reasons, I guess.

dauster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A little late but Dege & Skinner is in town today and tomorrow at Mark Hopkins. Also Budd shirtmaker is coming to SF on May 10th, apparently it's only tentative and not 100% confirmed yet.

Moraga'd

Reaction score
A little late but Dege & Skinner is in town today and tomorrow at Mark Hopkins. Also Budd shirtmaker is coming to SF on May 10th, apparently it's only tentative and not 100% confirmed yet.
I'd sign up for Budd if they come in May....

dauster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Jean-Michel from Berluti bespoke is in town today first in SF and then in Burlingame at Sam Malouf from 2-6:30pm. It’s obviously short notice but quite a nice surprise for me even though I had already written them off due to their lack of communication which I’m still confused by but oh wells French laisez-fair.

circumspice

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

@UrbanComposition

Was this weekend in NYC confirmed cancelled? If so, I will call Amtrak this week as I think I can punt my ticket to Sept.

Airtight

Reaction score
With San Francisco opening up again, anyone know of any interesting upcoming Trunk Shows?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads