• CALLING ON HOME SEWERS TO HELP HEALTHCARE WORKERS FIGHTING COVID-19

The lack of proper masks, gowns, and eyewear equipment is making it difficult for health workers to do their work fighting the novel coronavirus. In a recent New York Times article, medical workers said they were worried about how they can both fight the coronavirus without imperiling themselves, as well as their loved ones when they go back home.

If you are a home sewer, please consider helping my joining Hickey Freman Technical Vice President Jeffery Diduch in his effort to produce and deliver homemade gowns and masks to medical professionals in the greater Rochester, New York Area. Read about how you can help here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Upcoming San Francisco Trunk Shows

Moraga'd

Reaction score
@UrbanComposition
Hoping he can still make it in March. Will Salvo be coming in May regardless of potential cancellation next month? If not, what is the loose schedule of the following upcoming appointment?

UrbanComposition

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@UrbanComposition
Hoping he can still make it in March. Will Salvo be coming in May regardless of potential cancellation next month? If not, what is the loose schedule of the following upcoming appointment?
I'm really hoping he comes too...I called United and at this time there are no travel restrictions to Germany. He bought a non refundable ticket so he can't change dates at this time, but if (let's hope never) travel restrictions are put in place, he can change dates at that time. He probably won't come in May unless he has to, since that's peak wedding season in Italy and he's normally swamped.

Tickets for September have been bought, though, and the dates are:

Thursday-Sunday Sept 23-27 San Francisco
Monday-Tuesday Sept 28-29 NYC

The next visit will probably be at the end of November/early December.

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I'm really hoping he comes too...I called United and at this time there are no travel restrictions to Germany. He bought a non refundable ticket so he can't change dates at this time, but if (let's hope never) travel restrictions are put in place, he can change dates at that time. He probably won't come in May unless he has to, since that's peak wedding season in Italy and he's normally swamped.

That's a real bummer, but mostly because he bought a non-refundable ticket. I hope there's some clause that allows him to recoup some of his money. That sucks.

Texasmade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That's a real bummer, but mostly because he bought a non-refundable ticket. I hope there's some clause that allows him to recoup some of his money. That sucks.
My parents were supposed to go on an Asian cruise at the end of March flying with United to HK first. United refunded their tickets when the Corona virus basically shut down all of China and travel was restricted.

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
My parents were supposed to go on an Asian cruise at the end of March flying with United to HK first. United refunded their tickets when the Corona virus basically shut down all of China and travel was restricted.
Seems like the right thing to do. Hopefully tailors who have booked tickets can get their money back if they're not able to use those tickets.

Andy57

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I'll try to reach out to everyone individually, but I just heard from I Sarti Italiani that many countries are blocking Italians from entering, or quarantining them for 14 days due to the outbreak of the coronavirus in northern Italy. So far this hasn't affected Salvo (he stops in Munich, and so far Germany hasn't issued any travel restrictions), but it might, so he may try to postpone the trip to avoid being in airport limbo.

He was thinking May, since that'll give everyone enough time to mellow out. I'll keep everyone posted.
As I will not be able to see Salvo in March, the news that he might come in May is welcome. Good news for the wrong reasons, I guess.

dauster

Reaction score
A little late but Dege & Skinner is in town today and tomorrow at Mark Hopkins. Also Budd shirtmaker is coming to SF on May 10th, apparently it's only tentative and not 100% confirmed yet.

Moraga'd

Reaction score
A little late but Dege & Skinner is in town today and tomorrow at Mark Hopkins. Also Budd shirtmaker is coming to SF on May 10th, apparently it's only tentative and not 100% confirmed yet.
I'd sign up for Budd if they come in May....

dauster

Reaction score
Jean-Michel from Berluti bespoke is in town today first in SF and then in Burlingame at Sam Malouf from 2-6:30pm. It’s obviously short notice but quite a nice surprise for me even though I had already written them off due to their lack of communication which I’m still confused by but oh wells French laisez-fair.

circumspice

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

@UrbanComposition

Was this weekend in NYC confirmed cancelled? If so, I will call Amtrak this week as I think I can punt my ticket to Sept.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

WHICH TYPE OF SNEAKERS WORK BEST ON A FIRST DATE?

• Classic Leather Low-Top

• Canvas Plimsoll

• Leather Slip-On

• Canvas Slip-On

• Athletic Kicks

• Leather High-Top

Results are only viewable after voting.