1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Unusual Corthay style pictures

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by stilmacher, Jun 25, 2007.

1. stickonatree

stickonatree Senior member

looks like moss growing on them. ew.

i must have them.

2. Toiletduck

Toiletduck Senior member

Nice. Corthay should stop teasing the public and bring their shoes to North America and Asia at once!

Perhaps I should import into Asia.....According to Florsheim, apparently HK has the highest spending on shoes per capita? haha....

3. Philip1978

Philip1978 Senior member

looks like moss growing on them. ew.

i must have them.

[​IMG]

4. acidboy

acidboy Senior member

Perhaps I should import into Asia.....According to Florsheim, apparently HK has the highest spending on shoes per capita? haha....

THE hell you should TD.

5. kolecho

kolecho Senior member

Unusual alright. Well made, but for peacocks IMO.

6. stilmacher

stilmacher Senior member

Unusual alright. Well made, but for peacocks IMO.

I don't think I am particularly peacockish. Since I don't have an office job I almost always dress "casualy", trying a wide range of different styles. Waering colours other than black, grey and brown casually isn't too extravagant, I think. Although I guess I am rather peacockish than, let's say qualish.

7. LabelKing

LabelKing Senior member

I don't think I am particularly peacockish. Since I don't have an office job I almost always dress "casualy", trying a wide range of different styles. Waering colours other than black, grey and brown casually isn't too extravagant, I think. Although I guess I am rather peacockish than, let's say qualish.

Swann-ish?

8. iyorito

iyorito Senior member

I think they are having a sale in Paris now.

9. itsstillmatt

itsstillmatt Senior member Dubiously Honored

hold on, before you and Lasbar got here, grey was not a "normal" color for shoes!!! I can't make up my mind on these. They look interesting and well made, but I am not feeling the lace.

10. whnay.

whnay. Senior member Dubiously Honored

hold on, before you and Lasbar got here, grey was not a "normal" color for shoes!!!

I can't make up my mind on these. They look interesting and well made, but I am not feeling the lace.

Ultimately I didn't go with them because of the lace...looked out of place with my trousers.

11. lasbar

lasbar Senior member

I'm talking of a deep smokey grey,close to black...
    We're not advertising some old farts ghastly mid-grey shoes here!!!!!
    We're talking deep patinas ....John Lobb has actually a deep grey Lord which is absolutely superb.....
    Berluti also has a deep grey with fall colours in it...Absolutely stunning...
    I'm quite a classic man loving Canali,Brioni ,Kiton style of cut for my nearly always dark suits..
    Believe me ,i'm not a peacock and i'm allergic at that pinkish or Hermes red shoes available at the moment...
    My last pair are going to be a superb dark almond green .....Superb...

12. bengal-stripe

bengal-stripe Senior member Dubiously Honored

We're not advertising some old farts ghastly mid-grey shoes here!!!!!
    I'm old enough, to remember grey shoes, some 20 years back. Scarred me for the rest of my life.
    'Almond' is a pinkish light brown, just like almond kernels in their skin. Are you confusing almonds with olives? Must be strange Martinis your bartender serves you.

13. LabelKing

LabelKing Senior member

John Lobb has this Pewter color that's nice.

14. fritzl

fritzl Senior member

Ultimately I didn't go with them because of the lace...looked out of place with my trousers.

Hey Olga Boy, are you kidding? [​IMG]

15. lasbar

lasbar Senior member

It's a bad translation of vert amande.....See attachment even if the colour is abit darker in reality....
    [​IMG]

16. lasbar

lasbar Senior member

Yeah ,i have sent an attachment...