• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Unstructured Navy Blazer

s0rce

Reaction score
Today I tried on a Brunello Cucinelli unstructured lightweight wool navy blazer it fit me really well other than being a bit too long for me since it was a 38R instead of 38S. However, it is slightly more money than I would like to spend, especially full retail. I've searched SF a bunch and found lots of threads comparing Neapolitan style tailors and brands but most of them seem even more expensive, Kiton, Attolini, etc. Tried some of those on but just for fun really.

I was wondering if there are any cheaper alternatives (maybe MTM?) that have something similiar in style?

Thanks very much for your sage advice,
Lyle

SuitMyself

Reaction score
Originally Posted by s0rce

Today I tried on a Brunello Cucinelli unstructured lightweight wool navy blazer it fit me really well other than being a bit too long for me since it was a 38R instead of 38S. However, it is slightly more money than I would like to spend, especially full retail. I've searched SF a bunch and found lots of threads comparing Neapolitan style tailors and brands but most of them seem even more expensive, Kiton, Attolini, etc. Tried some of those on but just for fun really.

I was wondering if there are any cheaper alternatives (maybe MTM?) that have something similiar in style?

Thanks very much for your sage advice,
Lyle

I think you just answered your own question. I don't see why you can't get one made-to-measure and ask for an unstructured construction and maybe a half lining, as well. Who knows, they may even knock a few dollars off since you don't need shoulder pads and will need very little jacket lining . . . .

nerdykarim

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't have any firsthand experience with the brand, but have you tried Caruso?

s0rce

Reaction score
Any suggestions for MTM makers that might be able to make something like this?

Thanks,
Lyle

Parker

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by nerdykarim
I don't have any firsthand experience with the brand, but have you tried Caruso?

+1 on Caruso if you can find it. Neimans is starting to carry the brand, but only certain models. I don't think they will have any unstructured stuff, but not positive. You might look for Boglioli at Barneys too.

See this post in the Caruso thread.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads