1. In 2018. by way of thanks for being a part of this community, we'll be choosing 16 active members of our community at random to receive a special gift and a gift certificate for one of our affiliate vendors, to represent each of our 16 years.

Fok and the Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

unstructured jackets (VCH)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by horton, Mar 12, 2006.

1. horton

horton Senior Member

I recall that before SF went down there was a thread with someone asking about unstructured jackets. Anyone interested in such would be well served by visiting virtual clothes horse (Lance) who has a new shipment of Borellis. I just received mine from Lance, and it was better than expected -- and I expected a lot.

Regards
    (No affiliation with VCH other than being a happy customer)

2. GQgeek

GQgeek Stylish Dinosaur

Are you sure you're not confusing un-structured with quarter-lined? I don't recall seeing any unstructured Borrelli on his site. I could be wrong though.

To me, unstructured means absolutely no padding in the shoulder. The Borrelli shoulder is very soft, but I wouldn't call it un-structured.

Regardless, I'll agree with you on the quality of stuff Lance has on offer. I just got a Borrelli from him and I have 2 more coming soon.

3. horton

horton Senior Member

there is just a whisper of shoulder padding -- essentially none and no form of canvassing.

I should have made clear that I didn't mean to say all of his Borrellis are like this, but some are, e.g., tweeds.