• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Unpaid Ticket Situation... Any Lawyers out there?!

cahlersmeyer

Reaction score
****!!

I just remembered that I got a seat belt ticket a while back and forgot to pay it! The payment due date/court date was the 23rd of November. Meaning my licence is prob. suspended right now? Perhaps a warrant? Obviously, I am going to pay it first thing Monday morning, but what is going to happen? Is my licence really suspended? Will it be reinstated once I pay? Any lawyers out there?

I live in Indiana btw...

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I know in NY they send you a reminder letter with a fee and a new due date...you should be fine

Harold falcon

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The SWAT team is probably at your door. Don't use a cell phone cause they can track you.

Reggs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I got a ticket months ago, was given a throughly unreadable carbon copy, and never sent any bill, or notice, or anything in the mail.

What should I do?

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Reggs
I got a ticket months ago, was given a throughly unreadable carbon copy, and never sent any bill, or notice, or anything in the mail.

What should I do?

Listen to Harvey and stay off your cell.

magogian12345

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by NewYorkRanger
Listen to Harvey and stay off your cell.

And the internets! They are probably watching you through your computer right now.

cahlersmeyer

Reaction score
I have on my foil hat, I hope that is enough...

ArliHawk`

Reaction score
Call the Municipal Court Clerk (# should be listed on the ticket) and you should check to see if the ticket has moved to warrant status. If so, you should be able to just pay the ticket off and get rid of the warrant.

I don't think a seat belt ticket is large enough to suspend your license in most jurisdictions.

cahlersmeyer

Reaction score
Originally Posted by ArliHawk`
Call the Municipal Court Clerk (# should be listed on the ticket) and you should check to see if the ticket has moved to warrant status. If so, you should be able to just pay the ticket off and get rid of the warrant.

I don't think a seat belt ticket is large enough to suspend your license in most jurisdictions.

Ok, awesome! JW b/c the holidays are around the corner and I don't want to be stuck with a suspeded licence or a warrant on my head. My Battalion SSGT would beat ****** to a pulp

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
a warrant?? for what???

cahlersmeyer

Reaction score
In Indiana, you have until a certain date to pay the ticket. If you don't pay, the afore mentioned date is your court date. I did neither. Missing a court date, even a traffic court date, is a failure to appear and can result in an arrest warrant.

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
**** Indiana. Those asshoals caught me fishing without my license "on my person" this summer which is apparently a misdemeanor. Now I have to go to court on Dec 15th for it. What the ******* ****. I'm mostly pissed off at myself b/c I forgot to bring my license on the boat with me but damn.... a misdemeanor? I'm hoping they let me pay a fee and forget about it or something.

cahlersmeyer

Reaction score
Originally Posted by kwilkinson
**** Indiana. Those asshoals caught me fishing without my license "on my person" this summer which is apparently a misdemeanor. Now I have to go to court on Dec 15th for it. What the ******* ****. I'm mostly pissed off at myself b/c I forgot to bring my license on the boat with me but damn.... a misdemeanor? I'm hoping they let me pay a fee and forget about it or something.

what state park? my dad is the manager of a state park

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
Originally Posted by cahlersmeyer
what state park? my dad is the manager of a state park
No state park. We have a place on a lake in the northeast corner of the state. Lake Wynona/Tippecanoe area. DNR was out there like crazy this year. I had only seen them once or twice a year for the last 10 summers, but this summer we saw them every weekend.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads