• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

    Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

    Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Unpaid Ticket Situation... Any Lawyers out there?!

cahlersmeyer

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2010
Messages
237
Reaction score
0
Shit!!

I just remembered that I got a seat belt ticket a while back and forgot to pay it! The payment due date/court date was the 23rd of November. Meaning my licence is prob. suspended right now? Perhaps a warrant? Obviously, I am going to pay it first thing Monday morning, but what is going to happen? Is my licence really suspended? Will it be reinstated once I pay? Any lawyers out there?

I live in Indiana btw...
 

NewYorkIslander

Distinguished Member
Joined
Mar 22, 2008
Messages
9,995
Reaction score
5,551
I know in NY they send you a reminder letter with a fee and a new due date...you should be fine
 

Harold falcon

Stylish Dinosaur
Joined
Dec 6, 2009
Messages
33,511
Reaction score
12,028
The SWAT team is probably at your door. Don't use a cell phone cause they can track you.
 

Reggs

Distinguished Member
Joined
Mar 11, 2006
Messages
5,713
Reaction score
445
I got a ticket months ago, was given a throughly unreadable carbon copy, and never sent any bill, or notice, or anything in the mail.

What should I do?
 

NewYorkIslander

Distinguished Member
Joined
Mar 22, 2008
Messages
9,995
Reaction score
5,551
Originally Posted by Reggs
I got a ticket months ago, was given a throughly unreadable carbon copy, and never sent any bill, or notice, or anything in the mail.

What should I do?


Listen to Harvey and stay off your cell.
 

magogian12345

Distinguished Member
Joined
Sep 15, 2008
Messages
1,071
Reaction score
0
Originally Posted by NewYorkRanger
Listen to Harvey and stay off your cell.

And the internets! They are probably watching you through your computer right now.
 

cahlersmeyer

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2010
Messages
237
Reaction score
0
I have on my foil hat, I hope that is enough...
 

ArliHawk`

Senior Member
Joined
Nov 14, 2008
Messages
966
Reaction score
0
Call the Municipal Court Clerk (# should be listed on the ticket) and you should check to see if the ticket has moved to warrant status. If so, you should be able to just pay the ticket off and get rid of the warrant.

I don't think a seat belt ticket is large enough to suspend your license in most jurisdictions.
 

cahlersmeyer

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2010
Messages
237
Reaction score
0
Originally Posted by ArliHawk`
Call the Municipal Court Clerk (# should be listed on the ticket) and you should check to see if the ticket has moved to warrant status. If so, you should be able to just pay the ticket off and get rid of the warrant.

I don't think a seat belt ticket is large enough to suspend your license in most jurisdictions.


Ok, awesome! JW b/c the holidays are around the corner and I don't want to be stuck with a suspeded licence or a warrant on my head. My Battalion SSGT would beat my ass to a pulp
 

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Joined
Dec 3, 2009
Messages
19,771
Reaction score
2,702
a warrant?? for what???
 

cahlersmeyer

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2010
Messages
237
Reaction score
0
In Indiana, you have until a certain date to pay the ticket. If you don't pay, the afore mentioned date is your court date. I did neither. Missing a court date, even a traffic court date, is a failure to appear and can result in an arrest warrant.
 

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Joined
Nov 21, 2007
Messages
33,652
Reaction score
862
Fuck Indiana. Those asshoals caught me fishing without my license "on my person" this summer which is apparently a misdemeanor. Now I have to go to court on Dec 15th for it. What the fucking fuck. I'm mostly pissed off at myself b/c I forgot to bring my license on the boat with me but damn.... a misdemeanor? I'm hoping they let me pay a fee and forget about it or something.
 

cahlersmeyer

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2010
Messages
237
Reaction score
0
Originally Posted by kwilkinson
Fuck Indiana. Those asshoals caught me fishing without my license "on my person" this summer which is apparently a misdemeanor. Now I have to go to court on Dec 15th for it. What the fucking fuck. I'm mostly pissed off at myself b/c I forgot to bring my license on the boat with me but damn.... a misdemeanor? I'm hoping they let me pay a fee and forget about it or something.

what state park? my dad is the manager of a state park
 

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Joined
Nov 21, 2007
Messages
33,652
Reaction score
862
Originally Posted by cahlersmeyer
what state park? my dad is the manager of a state park
No state park. We have a place on a lake in the northeast corner of the state. Lake Wynona/Tippecanoe area. DNR was out there like crazy this year. I had only seen them once or twice a year for the last 10 summers, but this summer we saw them every weekend.
 

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

  • 1 - 4

    Votes: 16 3.4%
  • 5 - 10

    Votes: 80 17.2%
  • 11 - 20

    Votes: 152 32.6%
  • 21 - 30

    Votes: 77 16.5%
  • 31 - 40

    Votes: 40 8.6%
  • 41 - 50

    Votes: 27 5.8%
  • 51 - 60

    Votes: 16 3.4%
  • 61 - 70

    Votes: 9 1.9%
  • 71 - 80

    Votes: 13 2.8%
  • 81 - 90

    Votes: 4 0.9%
  • 91 - 100

    Votes: 4 0.9%
  • 100+

    Votes: 28 6.0%

Related Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
427,557
Messages
9,200,729
Members
193,191
Latest member
llloyd4

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Top