• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Unofficial Detroit Thread

Sreezy36

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Icons
46811949-A99B-45BC-83E7-2DA88E3670C7.jpeg
2CB4523D-6BDD-4167-ABAA-01E01B30E308.jpeg
F3FB405F-B285-4B4E-98A2-CFFF49D6B1EC.jpeg
27DB6206-79D2-44BF-A474-8219983D58B3.jpeg
42F37A37-AC11-4B2E-BFAA-EC462DCFA494.jpeg

kurtisdoubleu

Reaction score
Crockett & Jones at Claymore this weekend!
Just came to say this!
Tony, the rep, will get there at 12pm tomorrow (Friday) and will be around all day Saturday (10am to 6pm). He will have a ton of stock samples as well as some swatches for MTO.
Hopefully it will be a good weekend!

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Crockett & Jones at Claymore this weekend!

I saw that on their Instagram page. I’ve been wanting to try on a pair of Islay boots for a long time so I think I’m going to try and stop in there tomorrow.

leapyourbar

Reaction score
I saw that on their Instagram page. I’ve been wanting to try on a pair of Islay boots for a long time so I think I’m going to try and stop in there tomorrow.

I bought the Islays last summer. I was actually thinking about listing them on grailed/ebay....I wore them twice. They are INCREDIBLE, but...they just don't fit in my current rotation sadly. Size 8.5UK if you are interested! *edit*

Last edited:

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I bought the Islays last summer. I was actually thinking about listing them on grailed/ebay....I wore them twice. They are INCREDIBLE, but...they just don't fit in my current rotation sadly. Size 8.5UK if you are interested! *edit*

Yeah, I definitely don't need a pair of Islays as they don't really match what I wear anymore but still really intrigued. These days, the Coniston or Snowdon might be more my style.

I think I'm going to go have a few beers for lunch at Griffin Claw before heading over to Claymore to help lubricate my wallet and entice me to actually buy something.

bullethead

Reaction score
Yeah, I definitely don't need a pair of Islays as they don't really match what I wear anymore but still really intrigued. These days, the Coniston or Snowdon might be more my style.

I think I'm going to go have a few beers for lunch at Griffin Claw before heading over to Claymore to help lubricate my wallet and entice me to actually buy something.
Go to Mt Chalet… you can leave your car there. As long as you are able to cross Woodward after said beers

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Go to Mt Chalet… you can leave your car there. As long as you are able to cross Woodward after said beers

All these years living in the area and I've actually never been to Mt. Chalet.

FWIW, I walked from home to the bar but didn't end up going to Griffin Claw. Once I got outside and realized how nice it was I knew it would be packed there (as it always is for lunch when it's really nice) and I likely wouldn't be able to get a seat at the bar.

Ended up at Sidecar in downtown, which I hadn't been to for a while. The beer selection seemed greatly improved since my last visit.

bullethead

Reaction score
All these years living in the area and I've actually never been to Mt. Chalet.

FWIW, I walked from home to the bar but didn't end up going to Griffin Claw. Once I got outside and realized how nice it was I knew it would be packed there (as it always is for lunch when it's really nice) and I likely wouldn't be able to get a seat at the bar.

Ended up at Sidecar in downtown, which I hadn't been to for a while. The beer selection seemed greatly improved since my last visit.
the food at Chalet is surprisingly good for a neighborhood dive

breakaway01

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
PSA: the Brooks Brothers outlet at Great Lakes Crossing has Golden Fleece peak lapel tuxedos in 39R, 40S, 40L, 44S, and 48R for $300 plus another 25% off.

leapyourbar

Reaction score
If anyone is interested in following along, I've started posting my bespoke (and some MTM) commissions on @openquarters on IG. Over the last decade, I've developed a pretty good relationship with a lot of the makers I've posted, so if you have any interest in them, please let me know and maybe we can convince them to do a Detroit stop on the trunk-show tour!

jellyroller

Reaction score
Just wanted to say Happy Thanksgiving to my Michigander friends. I'm a UofM alum but have been back on the east coast for the past 10+ years. I make an annual pilgrimage to Ann Arbor for a football game and nostalgia. I certainly wouldn't mind living in Michigan again - I do miss it.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads