Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Unknown Science-Fiction Movie

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by sho'nuff, Jan 3, 2008.

1. sho'nuff

sho'nuff grrrrrrrr!!

I am trying to find out the name of a science fiction movie I think is from the 80s. I saw it when I was a child on television. It is a very obscure movie about a family invaded by some alien beings in their own home and ranch.

Some of the scenes are a small tiny alien that befriends one of the smaller children, a scene where a floating machine/robot chases the family up the stairs and when the family hides in a room and slams the door shut, the robot attempts to break it down with a flaring laser.
    A scene with two monsters in the barn area fighting each other , time shifts, and so forth.

Anyone know what this movie is? Anyone know what I am referring to or talking about? I have been trying to figure out this movie out of curiosity it has been killing me as I want to rent this somewhere and see it again.

Thanks.

2. sho'nuff

sho'nuff grrrrrrrr!!

please someone help me...

ive exhausted google, movie sites, sci fi movie experts ask a question sites, wiki, etc.
    they all dont know.

was this movie a figment of my imagination perhaps? i remember these scenes so vividly. was this a childhood imaginative dream of mine?

3. acidboy

acidboy Senior member

was this an American movie, brother?

4. Hard2Fit

Hard2Fit Senior member

Sounds like you were watching ET on acid.

5. sho'nuff

sho'nuff grrrrrrrr!!

yes brother, i believe it was. it was on american television , i saw it on tv around early 80s. but it may have been older than that. it was not a big movie on tv at the time, just some sci fi movie they had on one night.

and no, i was not on acid. ever.

6. acidboy

acidboy Senior member

so an alien befriends a family, and their were evil robots chasing them down? could you describe what the alien looks like?

7. Musselma

Musselma Senior member

I've been looking for like an hour but really alien invasion + children isn't alot to go on, sorry [​IMG]

8. Gav

Gav Active Member

Sounds similar to the old favourite Batteries Not Included. I know it's not as you mention a ranch and what not, best ignore what I've just posted.

[​IMG]

9. sho'nuff

sho'nuff grrrrrrrr!!

thanks guys for trying.

the little alien is like a she-alien kind of greenish and like a half foot tall. she befriends the little girl of the family.

there were not alot of robots chasing the family, just one piece of hardware/robot floating toaster thing that chased them up the stairs and into a bedroom. the thing tried to take down the door with a laser but failed to do so and left. that was it.

there were alot of random things that happened at this home and ranch. i remember ranch because i think there was a barn.

at the end of the movie, all the creatures and happenings were actually good omens to the the family that were confused about why they were happening, because a very bright and beautiful sanctuary was revealed to them at the end.
    i think the monsters and robots were trying to hint to them the ocming of the sanctuary , but the family were confused and thought every thing was scary and bad at first.

10. denimdestroyedmylife

denimdestroyedmylife Big Winner

could it be ET 2?

i saw that in the philippines in the early 1980s as a youngster. ET has an elephantine trunk and kills campers or ranchers... maybe there was a happy ending?

11. HomerJ

HomerJ Senior member

E.T. on acid lol.

I don't think this movie you described exists. Yet. You should film it.

12. imageWIS

imageWIS Senior member

Sounds like you were watching ET on acid.

[​IMG]

Jon.

13. rach2jlc

rach2jlc Prof. Fabulous Dubiously Honored

Spaced Invaders? I remember watching that one in elem/middle school... sort of a cheesy comedy/sci-fi hybrid. I liked it then but I'm sure if I saw it now, it would be terrible. Anyway, I have no idea if this is the movie you have in mind, but kids befriending small green aliens and a robot like thing with a lazer sounds familiar.

14. Tangfastic

Tangfastic Senior member

Whitley Streibers 'Communion'?
    not seen it, but may fit the bill...

15. carlhuber

carlhuber Senior member

It's not Mac and Me (1988), by any chance? Has a kid in a wheelchair, not a daughter (but there's a daughter in the movie, according to IMDB).