• Welcome to our newest affiliate vendor, Passus Shoes. We are very happy to welcome our newest affiliate vendor, Passus Shoes. Passus shoes was founded by long term members of the forum and veterans of the shoes business. and is dedicated to crafting fine shoes in Budapest in a time honored tradition. Please help me give them a warm welcome in their new affiliate vendor thread.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Unknown Hong Kong maker Sea Turtle?

Spinario

Reaction score
I love these shoes but I'm afraid to wear them outside of the US. Can anyone verify if these are Sea Turtle? Thanks!

KObalto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sea turtle is very tasty. This is the best way to tell.

UpperWestie

Reaction score
^^ its good for the yang. thats what they told me in chinatown.

Spinario

Reaction score
Did a bit more research, so it looks like the maker is Mayer of HK in the Mandarin Hotel still not sure about the turtle though. I'm not about to make a turtle shoe soup stock but I do have a rather large taxidermied sea turtle in storage. I suppose that's an option.

suited&booted

Reaction score
My wife is Viet-Chinese and she says it's bad luck to eat or kill turtles as they symbolise wisdom, longevity, etc.. Some of them eat dogs too so what do they know.

BTW, the OP can always check the Customs & Immigration or Border Control website of his country to check on what's forbidden to bring in. If they are an endengared species, customs might fleece it of you. Then again I don't think many border security people can tell what it is!

Spinario

Reaction score
Originally Posted by suited&booted
My wife is Viet-Chinese and she says it's bad luck to eat or kill turtles as they symbolise wisdom, longevity, etc.. Some of them eat dogs too so what do they know.

BTW, the OP can always check the Customs & Immigration or Border Control website of his country to check on what's forbidden to bring in. If they are an endengared species, customs might fleece it of you. Then again I don't think many border security people can tell what it is!

Didn't kill them so I'm going with wearing them will bring wisdom and longevity

I saw a display of confiscated goods in I think Narita it made me nervous and glad that I didn't bring them with.

dport86

Reaction score
Definitely sea turtle. Google it, but there was a news report of someone being arrested at the airport for bringing in a vintage fur that was currently on the endangered list.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How do you feel about spending money on non-essential goods during the Covid-19 crisis?

• I don't want to spend money at a time of economic uncertainty, even if I could afford it.

• I feel compelled to spend to help small businesses that are struggling.

• I reduced my budget for non-essential goods and I'm not spending at the moment.

• Not much has changed for me and I'm still buying stuff I can't afford.

Results are only viewable after voting.