1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

United Colors of Benetton

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by mrchapel, Sep 28, 2006.

1. mrchapel

mrchapel Senior member

I found this through an unrelated search and really like this ensemble, particularly the set on the right:

[​IMG]

Question is, has anyone had any experience with them? They seem like a slick company, but that doesn't mean anything. Any comments on price and quality? They do have a store about 45 minutes from here; if it seems worth it, I'll go check it out this weekend, but wanted to get some opinions from anyone who has experience with them.

http://www.benetton.com

2. drizzt3117

drizzt3117 Senior member

I found this through an unrelated search and really like this ensemble, particularly the set on the right:

[​IMG]

Question is, has anyone had any experience with them? They seem like a slick company, but that doesn't mean anything. Any comments on price and quality? They do have a store about 45 minutes from here; if it seems worth it, I'll go check it out this weekend, but wanted to get some opinions from anyone who has experience with them.

http://www.benetton.com

Benneton has been around for a very long time. Their clothes are fairly stylish but not top notch in terms of quality. I'd say they're probably in line with other fashion brands in terms of their quality, which is to say, is decent, but not spectacular, but if you like the styling, certainly they're not a flash in the pan.

3. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

I'm wearing a pair of their flat front chinos that I got over the summer. They have quickly become my favorite chino, despite no choice on the inseam length (bought them in Italy, with Euro sizing). Like the fabric and the cut. The stitching seems good as well. They were on sale so I was happy with the price. Can't comment on full price, though.

4. Augusto86

Augusto86 Senior member

Personally, I love Benetton. They are the only available "mall brand" that makes really unique-looking and affordable clothes. I have a white/cream pinstripe sut from them that I like for the summer and this blazer.

They have good fits and at the end of each season sales go up to something like 70 or 80%. I got my white suit for 100 bucks and it looks like 800 at least. Also, the one in Copley Place, Boston, has really good salespeople and a good relationship with Imperial tailors who do really good work.

5. briancl

briancl Senior member

I usually like their stuff when I view it on the rack, but I've never been impressed when I put it on. The quality seems lacking.

6. StevenRocks

StevenRocks Senior member

Benetton was never a favorite of mine, and now the closest one is three hours away. They're pretty much irrelevant to me, but their styling and quality isn't that bad.